INSAR is the major professional, scientific organization devoted to advancing knowledge about autism spectrum disorders. We offer the following benefits to members:
- Organization of the annual International Meeting for Autism Research (IMFAR). Members of INSAR do not pay for submitting abstracts and receive a reduced registration fee
- Free online access to our flagship journal: Autism Research
- Access to members only sections of the INSAR website
- Complimentary job postings on the website
- Eligibility to vote in elections and participate in committee activities
- Eligibility to serve as abstract reviewers, submit applications for Special Interest Groups (SIGs) and Educational Symposia
- Access to session recordings from past IMFAR meetings (through myINSAR)
- Eligibility to apply for INSAR Travel Awards
Our organization continues to grow at all levels. We have several active committees whose work is devoted to strengthening our activities, particularly those addressing our strategic plan goals. IMFAR 2013 is coming up soon and promises to be a very exciting meeting in Donostia/San Sebastian, in the Basque region of Spain—one of the most gorgeous and culturally rich cities in the world. Our conference chair, Dr. Joaquin Fuentes has arranged many unique events for us there. The program is currently in the final stages of preparation and we hope that you will soon be able to register for the conference and book your travel. Visit the INSAR website for regular updates on information about the meeting.
We are also holding an election this year for the new members of the board—to serve as Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary under the able leadership of our President-elect, Francesca Happé, Ph.D.
Best wishes to everyone for a successful 2013—a year with much promise for progress in our understanding of autism spectrum disorder.