Food and fuel for all: realistic or foolish?
Article first published online: 27 JUN 2007
Copyright © 2007 Society of Chemical Industry and John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Biofuels, Bioproducts and Biorefining
Volume 1, Issue 1, pages 18–23, September 2007
How to Cite
G. Cassman, K. and Liska, A. J. (2007), Food and fuel for all: realistic or foolish?. Biofuels, Bioprod. Bioref., 1: 18–23. doi: 10.1002/bbb.3
- Issue published online: 7 AUG 2007
- Article first published online: 27 JUN 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 MAY 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 24 APR 2007
- Manuscript Received: 19 APR 2007
- 1A History of World Agriculture: From the Neolithic Age to the Current Crisis, translated by . Monthly Review Press, New York (2006).and ,
- 2Council for Agricultural Science and Technology (CAST), Convergence of Agriculture and Energy: Implications for Research and Policy. QTA2006-3,http://www.cast-science.org/ [December 2006].
- 3US Department of Energy–Energy Information Administration (DOE-EIA), Short-Term Energy Outlook.http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/forecasting/steo/oldsteos/sep06.pdf [12 September 2006].
- 4Renewable Fuel Association (RFA), From Niche to Nation: Ethanol Industry Outlook.http://www.ethanolrfa.org/objects/pdf/outlook/outlook_2006.pdf [December 2006].
- 5Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute, FAPRI July 2006 Baseline Update for U.S. Agricultural Markets. FAPRI-UMC Report #12–06, University of Missouri-Columbia.http://www.fapri.missouri.edu/outreach/publications/2006/FAPRI_UMC_Report_12_06.pdf [December 2006].
- 6Biopact, Palm biofuel survives low crude oil prices-official.http://biopact.com/ [25 September 2006].
- 7FAOSTAT, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Rome, Italy.http://faostat.fao.org/ [December 2006].
- 8Agricultural subsidies in developed countries: impact on global welfare. Rev Agric Econ 28:416–425 (2006)., and ,Direct Link:
- 12The Economist, Castro was right. The Economist Newspaper Ltd., London, 383:13–14 (7 April 2007).
- 13National Corn Growers Association (NCGA), How much ethanol can come from corn?http://www.ncga.com/ethanol/pdfs/2006/HowMuchEthanolCan%20ComeFromCorn.v.2.pdf. [December 2006].
- 14United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, Challenges and opportunities for developing countries in producing biofuels.http://www.unctad.org/en/docs/ditccom200615_en.pdf [27 November 2006].
- 15Biopact, Indonesia announces biofuels budget for 2007.http://biopact.com/ [26 September 2006].
- 16Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), The state of food insecurity in the world 2006. Rome, Italy. ftp://ftp.fao.org/docrep/fao/009/a0750e/a0750e00.pdf [December 2006].
- 17Hunger and Public Action. Clarendon Press, Oxford (1989).and ,
- 18US Secretary of Agriculture (USDA), Transcript of remarks made in a presentation at the Renewable Energy Conference, St. Louis, Missouri, CD-ROM, 10–12 October, 2006.,