NIEHS Symposium Proceedings
Effects of estrogens and the phytoestrogen genistein on adipogenesis and lipogenesis in males and females
Article first published online: 15 JUN 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Birth Defects Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology
Volume 73, Issue 7, pages 472–473, July 2005
How to Cite
Cooke, P. S. and Naaz, A. (2005), Effects of estrogens and the phytoestrogen genistein on adipogenesis and lipogenesis in males and females. Birth Defects Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology, 73: 472–473. doi: 10.1002/bdra.20142
- Issue published online: 6 JUL 2005
- Article first published online: 15 JUN 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 FEB 2005
- Manuscript Received: 13 JAN 2005
- 2003. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARgamma) as a molecular target for the soy phytoestrogen genistein. J Biol Chem 278: 962–967. , , , et al.
- 2000. Increased adipose tissue in male and female estrogen receptor-alpha knockout mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 97: 12729–12734. , , , et al.
- 2000. Aromatase-deficient (ArKO) mice have a phenotype of increased adiposity. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 97: 12735–12740. , , , et al.
- 2004. Dysmetabolic syndrome in a man with a novel mutation of the aromatase gene: effects of testosterone, alendronate, and estradiol treatment. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89: 61-70. , , , et al.
- 2003. The soy isoflavone genistein decreases adipose deposition in mice. Endocrinology 144: 3315–3320. , , , et al.
- 2004. Loss of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors produces adipocyte hyperplasia and obesity. FASEB J 18: 1925–1927. , , , et al.