NIEHS Symposium Proceedings
From multipotent stem cell to adipocyte
Version of Record online: 15 JUN 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Birth Defects Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology
Volume 73, Issue 7, pages 476–477, July 2005
How to Cite
Lane, M. D. and Tang, Q.-Q. (2005), From multipotent stem cell to adipocyte. Birth Defects Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology, 73: 476–477. doi: 10.1002/bdra.20150
- Issue online: 6 JUL 2005
- Version of Record online: 15 JUN 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 JAN 2005
- Manuscript Received: 13 JAN 2005
- 1991. CCAAT/enhancer binding protein gene promoter: binding of nucleotides during differentiation of 3T3L1 preadipocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 88: 2593–2597. , , , .
- 1974. An established pre-adipose cell line and its differentiation in culture. Cell 3: 127–133. , .
- 1997. Adipocyte differentiation and leptin expression. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 13: 231–259. , , , .
- 1995. Adipocyte differentiation. When precursors are also regulators. Annu Rev Biochem 64: 345–373. , .
- 1999. Role of calpain in adipocyte differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci.USA 96: 1279–1284. , .
- 2000. Mitotic clonal expansion during preadipocyte differentiation: calpain-mediated turnover of p27. J Biol Chem 275: 17653–17660. , .
- 1993. Adipose cell hyperplasia and enhanced glucose disposal in transgenic mice overexpressing GLUT 4 selectively in adipose tissue. J Biol Chem 268: 22243–22246. , , , et al.
- 1999. Activation and centromeric localization of CCAAT/ehnancer binding proteins during the mitotic clonal expansion of adipocyte differentiation. Genes Dev 13: 2231–2241. , .
- 2003a. CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta is required for cycle during adipogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 100: 850–855. , , .
- 2003b. Mitotic clonal expansion: a synchronous process required for adipogenesis Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 100: 44–49. , , .
- 2004. Commitment of C3H10T1/2 pluripotent stem cells to the adipocyte lineage. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 101: 9607–9611. , , .
- 1995. Cascade regulation of terminal adipocyte differentiation by three members of the C/EBP family of leucine zipper proteins. Genes Dev 9: 168–181. , , , .
- 1995. Mesenchymal stem cells reside within the connective tissues of many organs. Dev Dyn 202: 137–144. , , , et al.
- 2004. Dominant-negative C/EBP disrupts clonal expansion and differentiation of 3T3–L1 preadipocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 101: 43–47. , , , .
- 1995. Structural organization of mouse preoxisome proliferator-activator gamma(mPPAR gamma) gene: alternative promoter use and different splicing yield two mPPAR gamma isoforms. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 92: 7921–7925. , , , et al.