NIEHS Symposium Proceedings
Birth weight and obesity and fat distribution in later life
Version of Record online: 15 JUN 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Birth Defects Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology
Volume 73, Issue 7, pages 485–486, July 2005
How to Cite
Rogers, I. (2005), Birth weight and obesity and fat distribution in later life. Birth Defects Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology, 73: 485–486. doi: 10.1002/bdra.20168
- Issue online: 6 JUL 2005
- Version of Record online: 15 JUN 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 APR 2005
- Manuscript Received: 13 JAN 2005
- University of Bristol
- 1995. Is the intra-uterine period really a critical period for the development of adiposity? Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 19: 397–402. , , , .
- 2001. Testing the fetal origins hypothesis in twins: the Birmingham twin study. Diabetologia 44: 33–39. , , , et al.
- 1999. Insulin resistance syndrome in 8-year-old Indian children. Small at birth, big at 8 years or both? Diabetes 48: 2422–2429. , , , et al.
- 2000. Birth weight and the insulin resistance syndrome: association of low birth weight with truncal obesity and raised plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 but not with abdominal obesity or plasma lipid disturbances. Diabetologia 43: 54–60. , , , .
- 1996. Birth weight and adult hypertension and obesity in women. Circulation 94: 1310–1315. , , , et al.
- 1994. Familial and environmental influences on body composition and body fat distribution in childhood in southern Italy. Int J Obese Relat Metab Disord 18: 596–601. , , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2001. Intrauterine programming of adult body composition. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86: 267–272. , , , et al.
- 2003. Maternal gestational diabetes, birth weight, and adolescent obesity. Pediatrics 111: 221–226. , , , , .
- 1994. Parental and perinatal factors associated with childhood obesity in north-east Italy. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 18: 301–305. , , , , .
- 2000. Impact of birth weight on ethnic variations in subcutaneous and central adiposity in American children aged 5–11 years. A study from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 24: 479–484. , , , et al.
- 2000. Association between postnatal catch-up growth and obesity in childhood: prospective cohort study. BMJ 320: 967–971. , , , et al.
- 2001. Fetal and early life growth and body mass index from birth to early adulthood in 1958 British cohort: longitudinal study. BMJ 323: 1331–1335. , , .
- 1983. Excessive obesity in offspring of Pima Indian women with diabetes during pregnancy. N Engl J Med 308: 242–245. , , , et al.
- 1995. Relation of fetal growth to adult muscle mass and glucose tolerance. Diabet Med 12: 686–690. .
- 1998. The relation of weight, length and ponderal index at birth to body mass index and overweight among 18-year-old males in Sweden. Eur J Epidemiol 14: 373–380. , .
- 1976. Obesity in young men after famine exposure in utero and early infancy. N Engl J Med 295: 349–353. , , .
- 1997. Does malnutrition in utero determine diabetes and coronary heart disease in adulthood. Results from the Leningrad siege study, a cross sectional study. BMJ 315: 1342–1348. , , , et al.
- 2000. Early risk factors for increased adiposity: a cohort study of African-American subjects followed from birth to young adulthood. Am J Clin Nutr 72: 378–383. , , , , , , .
- 1998. Birth weight, adult weight and girth as predictors of the metabolic syndrome in postmenopausal women. Diabetes Care 21: 1652–1658. , , , .