Plasma vitamin values and antiepileptic therapy: Case reports of pregnancy outcomes affected by a neural tube defect
Version of Record online: 21 NOV 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Birth Defects Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology
Volume 79, Issue 1, pages 62–64, January 2007
How to Cite
Candito, M., Naimi, M., Boisson, C., Rudigoz, J.-C., Gaucherand, P., Guéant, J.-L., Luton, D. and Obberghen, E. V. (2007), Plasma vitamin values and antiepileptic therapy: Case reports of pregnancy outcomes affected by a neural tube defect. Birth Defects Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology, 79: 62–64. doi: 10.1002/bdra.20318
- Issue online: 4 JAN 2007
- Version of Record online: 21 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 SEP 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 28 JUL 2006
- Manuscript Received: 23 DEC 2005
- 2006. Antiepileptic drug in a pregnancy with a neural tube defect. Pediatric Neurol 34: 323–324. , , , et al.
- 2004. Neural tube defects and vitamin B12: a report of three cases. Ann Biol Clin 62: 235–238. , , , et al.
- 1992. Prevention of the first occurrence of neural-tube defects by periconceptional vitamin supplementation. N Engl J Med 327: 1832–1835. , .
- 1992. Effects of supplementation with folinic acid, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12 on valproic acid-induced teratogenesis in mice. Fundam Appl Toxicol 18: 389–394. , , .
- 1995. A candidate genetic risk factor for vascular disease: a common mutation in methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase. Nat Genet 10: 111–113. , , , et al.
- 2003. Transcobalamin and methionine synthase reductase mutated polymorphisms aggravate the risk of neural tube defects in humans. Neurosci Lett 344: 189–192. , , , et al.
- 1991. Lack of attenuation of valproic acid-induced effects by folinic acid in rat embryos in vitro. Teratology 43: 575–582. , .
- 1984. The effects of carbamazepine and valproate on folate metabolism in man. Acta Neurol Scand 69: 226–231. , , , et al.
- 1998. Structure, evolution and action of vitamin B6-dependent enzymes. Curr Opin Struct Biol 8: 759–769. .
- 1999. Distribution of alleles of the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) C677T gene polymorphism in familial spina bifida. Am J Med Genet 87: 407–412. , , , et al.
- 2004. Impact of the MTHFR C677T polymorphism on the risk of neural tube defects: a case-control study. BMJ 328: 1535–1536. , , , et al.
- 1993. Maternal plasma folate and vitamin B12 are independent risk factors for neural tube defects. Q J Med 86: 703–708. , , , et al.
- MRC Vitamin Study Research Group. 1991. Prevention of neural tube defects: results of the Medical Research Council Vitamin Study. Lancet 338–137.
- 2001. Influence of pyridoxal 5′-phosphate alone and in combination with vigabatrin on brain GABA measured by 1H-NMR-spectroscopy. Brain Res Bull 55: 555–560. , , , et al.
- 2004. Valproic acid reduces brain damage induced by transient focal cerebral ischemia in rats: potential roles of histone deacetylase inhibition and heat shock protein induction. J Neurochem 89: 1358–1367. , , , et al.
- 2002. The frequent 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase C677T polymorphism is associated with a common haplotype in whites, Japanese, and Africans. Am J Hum Genet 70: 758–762. , , , et al.
- 2002. Acute valproate administration impairs methionine metabolism in rats. J Nutr 132: 2737–2742. , , .
- 2005. Antiepileptic Drug Pregnancy Registry. Increased rates of major malformations in offspring exposed to valproate during pregnancy. Neurology 64: 961–969. , , , et al.
- 2003. Clinical care of pregnant women with epilepsy: neural tube defects and folic acid supplementation. Epilepsia 44 Suppl 3: 33–40. .
- 2003. Valproate administration to mice increases histone acetylation and 5-lipoxygenase content in the hippocampus. Neurosci Lett 345: 141–143. , , , et al.
- 2003. Homocysteine remethylation enzyme polymorphisms and increased risks for neural tube defects. Mol Genet Metab 78: 216–221. , , , et al.