This article is a US Government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
Article first published online: 2 APR 2007
Copyright © 2007 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Birth Defects Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology
Volume 79, Issue 7, pages 533–543, July 2007
How to Cite
Browne, M. L., Bell, E. M., Druschel, C. M., Gensburg, L. J., Mitchell, A. A., Lin, A. E., Romitti, P. A. and Correa, A. (2007), Maternal caffeine consumption and risk of cardiovascular malformations. Birth Defects Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology, 79: 533–543. doi: 10.1002/bdra.20365
The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Issue published online: 9 JUL 2007
- Article first published online: 2 APR 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 JAN 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 29 JAN 2007
- Manuscript Received: 2 OCT 2006
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention;. Grant Number: :Centers of Excellence Award No. U50/CCU0223184.
This article has been cited by:
- 1Descriptive and risk factor analysis for choanal atresia: The National Birth Defects Prevention Study, 1997–2007, European Journal of Medical Genetics, 2014, 57, 5, 220, , , , , , , , ,
- 2Effect of Caffeine Chronically Consumed During Pregnancy on Adenosine A1and A2AReceptors Signaling in Both Maternal and Fetal Heart from Wistar Rats, Journal of Caffeine Research, 2014, 4, 4, 115, , ,
- 3Exploring Maternal Patterns of Dietary Caffeine Consumption Before Conception and During Pregnancy, Maternal and Child Health Journal, 2014, 18, 10, 2446, , , , ,
- 5Maternal Caffeine Consumption and Small for Gestational Age Births: Results from a Population-Based Case–Control Study, Maternal and Child Health Journal, 2014, 18, 6, 1540, , , , ,
- 6Nongenetic Risk Factors and Congenital Heart Defects, Pediatric Cardiology, 2013, 34, 7, 1535, ,
- 7The Janus face of caffeine, Neurochemistry International, 2013, 63, 6, 594, , , , ,
- 9Coffee and its Consumption: Benefits and Risks, Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 2011, 51, 4, 363, ,
- 12What advice should be given to pregnant mothers on caffeine consumption?, Expert Review of Obstetrics & Gynecology, 2011, 6, 3, 259,
- 13A review of the epidemiologic evidence concerning the reproductive health effects of caffeine consumption: A 2000–2009 update, Food and Chemical Toxicology, 2010, 48, 10, 2549, , ,
- 14Association Between Pregnancy Intention and Reproductive-health Related Behaviors Before and After Pregnancy Recognition, National Birth Defects Prevention Study, 1997–2002, Maternal and Child Health Journal, 2010, 14, 3, 373, , , ,
- 15Caffeine in pregnancy, Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics, 2009, 280, 5, 695,
- 18Peripartum implications of caffein intake in pregnancy: Is there cause for concern?, Revista Española de Anestesiología y Reanimación, 2009, 56, 10, 612,
- 19Maternal Body Mass Index and Lifestyle Exposures and the Risk of Bilateral Renal Agenesis or Hypoplasia: The National Birth Defects Prevention Study, American Journal of Epidemiology, 2008, 168, 11, 1259, , , , ,