In partial fulillment of the requirements for the PhD degree, University of Haifa, Israel
Version of Record online: 26 APR 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Birth Defects Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology
Volume 94, Issue 6, pages 438–448, June 2012
How to Cite
Agay-Shay, K., Friger, M., Linn, S., Peled, A., Amitai, Y. and Peretz, C. (2012), Periodicity and time trends in the prevalence of total births and conceptions with congenital malformations among Jews and Muslims in Israel, 1999-2006: A time series study of 823,966 births. Birth Defects Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology, 94: 438–448. doi: 10.1002/bdra.23010
Supported by the Israeli Ministry of Environmental Protection (research grant number-7-2-7) and by the Environment and Health fund (PhD Fellowship program).
K.A.S. participated in the conception, design, and planning of the study, performed data analysis, execution of research program, manuscript writing, and review of the literature. M.F. took part in the conception and interpretation of the statistical analysis and writing of the manuscript. S.L. took part in the study planning, manuscript review, and critical discussion. A.P. took part in the interpretation of the analysis and writing of the manuscript. Y.A. supplied data from participating registries, advice on data collection, classification of cases, and critical discussion. C.P. participated in the conception and design of the study and supervised the data analysis and revision of the manuscript. All authors saw and approved the final version of the manuscript.
The study was approved by the Ethics Committee of the University of Haifa. Further approvals from the director of Public Health Services and from the legal advisor in the Ministry of Health were also obtained. The investigators were provided with the CM data set only after deletion of all personal identifiers (e.g., ID numbers, name of mother).
- Issue online: 11 JUN 2012
- Version of Record online: 26 APR 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 28 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Received: 9 JAN 2012
- Supported by the Israeli Ministry of Environmental Protection. Grant Number: -7-2-7
- Environment and Health fund
- PhD Fellowship program
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!