This work was supported by funds from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Centers of Excellence Award No. U50/CCU913241 and NIH RO1 NS050249. We thank the California Department of Public Health Maternal Child and Adolescent Health Division for providing data for these analyses. Funds for part of the nutrient database work was provided by NIH DK56350 granted to the University of North Carolina Department of Nutrition Clinical Research Center, Nutrition Epidemiology Core.
Article first published online: 27 JUL 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Birth Defects Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology
Special Issue: 2012 Congenital Malformations Surveillance Report: A Report from the National Birth Defects Prevention Network
Volume 94, Issue 12, pages 1019–1025, December 2012
How to Cite
Yang, W., Carmichael, S. L., Tinker, S. C., Shaw, G. M. and the National Birth Defects Prevention Study (2012), Association between weight gain during pregnancy and neural tube defects and gastroschisis in offspring . Birth Defects Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology, 94: 1019–1025. doi: 10.1002/bdra.23057
The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position of the California Department of Public Health or of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Issue published online: 14 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 27 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 2 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 25 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!