The National Spina Bifida Patient Registry is funded by the National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, grant #1UO1DDD000744.01.
Version of Record online: 2 NOV 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Birth Defects Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology
Volume 97, Issue 1, pages 36–41, January 2013
How to Cite
Thibadeau, J. K., Ward, E. A., Soe, M. M., Liu, T., Swanson, M., Sawin, K. J., Freeman, K. A., Castillo, H., Rauen, K. and Schechter, M. S. (2013), Testing the feasibility of a National Spina Bifida Patient Registry . Birth Defects Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology, 97: 36–41. doi: 10.1002/bdra.23094
The authors have no conflicts of interest to report.
The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Issue online: 10 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 2 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 21 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 3 MAY 2012
- 2002.Defining and improving data quality in medical registries: a literature review, case study, and generic framework.J Am Med Inform Assoc 9:600–611. , , .
- 2001.Spina bifida outcome: a 25-year prospective.Pediatr Neurosurg 34:114–120. , , , et al.
- 2011.Pompe disease: design, methodology, and early findings from the Pompe Registry.Mol Genet Metab 103:1–11. , , , et al.
- 2000.Longevity of patients born with myelomeningocele.Eur J Pediatr Surg 10 Suppl 1:33–34. , , , et al.
- Registries for evaluating patient outcomes: a user's guide. 2nd ed. Sept 2010. (Prepared by Outcome DEcIDE Center [Outcome Sciences, Inc. d/b/a Outcome] under Contract No. HHSA29020050035I TO3.) AHRQ Publication No. 10-EHC049.Rockville, MD:Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. , , editors.
- 2002.The cystic fibrosis therapeutics development network (CF TDN): a paradigm of a clinical trials network for genetic and orphan diseases.Adv Drug Deliv Rev 54:1505–1528. , , , .
- 1994.Disbanding a multidisciplinary clinic: effects on health care of myelomeningocele patients.Pediatr Neurosurg 21:36–44. , , , et al.
- 1996.The cost of preventable conditions in adults with spina bifida.Eur J Pediatr Surg 6 Suppl 1:17–20. , .
- 2012,March. National spina bifida registry (NSBR): development of a data management and quality control system. Poster session presented at the Second World Congress on Spina Bifida Research and Care, Las Vegas, Nevada. , , , et al.
- 1999.Epidemiologic study of cystic fibrosis: design and implementation of a prospective, multicenter, observational study of patients with cystic fibrosis in the U.S. and Canada.Pediatr Pulmonol 28:231–241. , , , et al.
- 2004.Advances in growth hormone therapy: a new registry tool.Horm Res 62 Suppl 4:2–7. .
- 2008.Patient registry analyses: seize the data, but caveat lector.J Pediatr 153:733–735. .
- 2011,October. ‘Report Functionality’ tool: a single summary screen for real-time data validation. Poster session presented at the American Public Health Association meeting, Washington, D.C. , , .
- 2010. What's in the data? Hemaware. Available at: http://www.hemaware.org/print/448. Accessed: October 4, 2012. .
- 2005.Decline in the prevalence of spina bifida and anencephaly by race/ethnicity: 1995–2002.Pediatrics 116:580–586. , , , et al.