The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Proportion of neural tube defects attributable to known risk factors†
Article first published online: 27 NOV 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Birth Defects Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology
Volume 97, Issue 1, pages 42–46, January 2013
How to Cite
Agopian, A. J., Tinker, S. C., Lupo, P. J., Canfield, M. A., Mitchell,, L. E. and and the National Birth Defects Prevention Study (2013), Proportion of neural tube defects attributable to known risk factors. Birth Defects Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology, 97: 42–46. doi: 10.1002/bdra.23100
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 27 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 15 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 31 AUG 2012
- Texas Center for Birth Defects Research and Prevention, under a cooperative agreement (#5U01DD000494-03) from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention with the Texas Department of State Health Services
- 2012. Working towards a risk prediction model for neural tube defects. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 94: 141–146. , , , et al.
- 1998. Adjusted population attributable fractions using logistic regression. Stata Technical Bulletin. Available at:http://econpapers. repec.org/article/tsjstbull/y_3a1998_3av_3a7_3ai_3a42_3asbe21.htm. Accessed October 27, 2012. .
- 2009. Anencephaly and spina bifida among Hispanics: maternal, sociodemographic, and acculturation factors in the National Birth Defects Prevention Study. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 85: 637–646. , , , et al.
- 2008. Diabetes mellitus and birth defects. Am J Obstet Gynecol 199: 237.e1–237.e9. , , , et al.
- 2011. Maternal use of hot tub and major structural birth defects. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 91: 836–841. , , , et al.
- 2008. Attributable fractions for partitioning risk and evaluating disease prevention: a practical guide. Clin Respir J 2 Suppl 1: 92–103. .
- 1995. Sequential and average attributable fractions as aids in the selection of preventive strategies. J Clin Epidemiol 48: 645–655. , .
- 1983. Epidemiology and genetics of neural tube defects: an application of the Utah Genealogical Data Base. Am J Phys Anthropol 62: 23–31. , , .
- 2010. Polytomous logistic regression as a tool for exploring heterogeneity across birth defect subtypes: an example using anencephaly and spina bifida. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 88: 701–705. , , , et al.
- 2005. Epidemiology of neural tube defects. Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet 135C: 88–94. .
- 2009. Neural tube defects and maternal folate intake among pregnancies conceived after folic acid fortification in the United States. Am J Epidemiol 169: 9–17. , , , et al.
- 2010. An Environment-Wide Association Study (EWAS) on type 2 diabetes mellitus. PloS One 5: e10746. , , .
- 2003. Guidelines for case classification for the National Birth Defects Prevention Study. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 67: 193–201. , , , et al.
- 2009. An illustration of and programs estimating attributable fractions in large scale surveys considering multiple risk factors. BMC Med Res Methodol 9: 7. , , .
- 2007. Prepregnancy obesity as a risk factor for structural birth defects. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161: 745–750. , , , et al.
- 2011. Use of antiepileptic medications in pregnancy in relation to risks of birth defects. Ann Epidemiol 21: 842–850. , , , et al.
- 2001. The National Birth Defects Prevention Study. Public Health Rep 116 Suppl 1: 32–40. , , , et al.