Insights & Perspectives
β-Cell evolution: How the pancreas borrowed from the brain
The shared toolbox of genes expressed by neural and pancreatic endocrine cells may reflect their evolutionary relationship
Version of Record online: 16 JUN 2011
Copyright © 2011 WILEY Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 33, Issue 8, pages 582–587, August 2011
How to Cite
Arntfield, M. E. and van der Kooy, D. (2011), β-Cell evolution: How the pancreas borrowed from the brain. Bioessays, 33: 582–587. doi: 10.1002/bies.201100015
- Issue online: 19 JUL 2011
- Version of Record online: 16 JUN 2011
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!