The interleukin-15/interleukin-15 receptor system as a model for juxtacrine and reverse signaling. Silvia Bulfone-Paus, Elena Bulanova, Vadim Budagian and Ralf Paus. BioEssays 28: 362 – 377. 2006. DOI: 10.1002/bies.20380
The following papers referenced in the above review have since been retracted by the respective journals:
50. Bulanova E, Budagian V, Orinska Z, Krause H, Paus R, et al. 2003. Mast cells express novel functional interleukin-15 receptor α isoforms. J Immunol 170: 5045–5055.
52. Bulfone-Paus S, Bulanova E, Pohl T, Budagian V, Dürkop H, et al. 1999. Death deflected: IL-15 inhibits TNFα-mediated apoptosis in fibroblasts by TRAF2 recruitment to the IL-15Rα chain. FASEB J 13: 1575–1585.
54. Bulanova E, Budagian V, Pohl T, Krause H, Dürkop H, et al. 2001. The IL-15Rα chain signals through association with Syk in human B cells. J Immunol 170: 5045–5055.
55. Budagian V, Bulanova E, Orinska Z, Thon L, Mamat U, et al. 2005. A promiscuous liaison between IL-15 receptor and Axl receptor tyrosine kinase in cells death control. EMBO J 24: 4260–4270.
58. Budagian V, Bulanova E, Orinska Z, Ludwig A, Rose-John S, et al. 2004. Natural soluble interleukin-15Rα is generated by cleavage that involves the tumor necrosis factor-α-converting enzyme (TACE/ADAM17). J Biol Chem 279: 40368–40375.
92. Budagian V, Bulanova E, Orinska Z, Pohl T, Borden EC, et al. 2004. Reverse signaling through membrane-bound interleukin-15. J Biol Chem 279: 42192–42201.