Insights & Perspectives
A positive role for yeast extrachromosomal rDNA circles?
Extrachromosomal ribosomal DNA circle accumulation during the retrograde response may suppress mitochondrial cheats in yeast through the action of TAR1
Article first published online: 18 JUN 2012
Copyright © 2012 WILEY Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 34, Issue 9, pages 725–729, September 2012
How to Cite
Poole, A. M., Kobayashi, T. and Ganley, A. R. D. (2012), A positive role for yeast extrachromosomal rDNA circles?. Bioessays, 34: 725–729. doi: 10.1002/bies.201200037
- Issue published online: 14 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 18 JUN 2012
- Swedish Research Council (to AMP) and JSPS. Grant Number: #19870028
This article has been cited by:
- 2Compositional and structural analysis of selected chromosomal domains from Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Nucleic Acids Research, 2014, 42, 1, e2, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 3Evolutionary Mobility of the Ribosomal DNA Array in Yeasts, Genome Biology and Evolution, 2013, 5, 3, 525, , ,
- 4Identification of a novel methyltransferase, Bmt2, responsible for the N-1-methyl-adenosine base modification of 25S rRNA in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Nucleic Acids Research, 2013, 41, 10, 5428, , , ,