Perspective on opportunities in industrial biotechnology in renewable chemicals
Article first published online: 20 SEP 2011
Copyright © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Special Issue: Industrial Biotechnology
Volume 7, Issue 2, pages 176–185, February 2012
How to Cite
Erickson, B., Nelson and Winters, P. (2012), Perspective on opportunities in industrial biotechnology in renewable chemicals. Biotechnology Journal, 7: 176–185. doi: 10.1002/biot.201100069
- Issue published online: 3 FEB 2012
- Article first published online: 20 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 22 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Received: 24 MAY 2011
- Funded Access
- 1Ahmann, D., Dorgan, J.R., Bioengineering for Pollution Prevention through Development of Biobased Energy and Materials: State of the Science Report. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Research and Development, National Center for Environmental Research, Jan. 2007. EPA/600/R-01/028.
- 2Bang, J.K., Follér, A., Buttazzoni, M., Industrial Biotechnology: More than green fuel in a dirty economy? WWF Denmark, Sept. 2009.
- 3Philp, J., OECD Outlook on Industrial Biotechnology. OECD Directorate for Science, Technology and Industry, April 2011. DSTI/STP/BIO(2011)3.
- 4Building Bridges to a More Sustainable Future: 2011 Ethanol Industry Outlook. Renewable Fuels Association, Feb. 2011.
- 5Werpy, T., Petersen, G., Top Value Added Chemicals From Biomass. Volume I: Results of Screening for Potential Candidates from Sugars and Synthesis Gas. Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) and National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), Aug. 2004.
- 6Bozell, J. J., Holladay, J. E., Johnson, D., White, J. F., Top Value Added Chemicals from Biomass Volume II: Results of Screening for Potential Candidates from Biorefinery Lignin. Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) and National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), Oct. 2007. PNNL-16983.
- 8King, D., Inderwildi, O. R., Williams, A. The Future of Industrial Biorefineries. World Economic Forum, June 2010.
- 9Clean Energy Trends 2011. Clean Edge, Jan. 2011.
- 10Microbial Products: Technologies, Applications and Global Markets. BCC Research, April 2011. BIO086A.
- 11Enzymes in Industrial Applications: Global Markets. BCC Research, Jan. 2011. BIO030F.
- 12Kircher, M., Discussion Paper – Session Trends in Technology and Applications, OECD Workshop on “Outlook on Industrial Biotechnology.” OECD Working Party on Biotechnology, Vienna, Jan. 13–15, 2010.