This is part 279 of the Linear Oligopeptide series. For part 278, see Ref. 1.
Version of Record online: 1 FEB 2004
Copyright © 1993 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Volume 33, Issue 7, pages 1061–1072, July 1993
How to Cite
Toniolo, C., Crisma, M., Formaggio, F., Valle, C., Cavicchioni, G., Precigoux, G., Aubry, A. and Kamphuis, J. (1993), Structures of peptides from α-amino acids methylated at the α-carbon, . Biopolymers, 33: 1061–1072. doi: 10.1002/bip.360330708
Abbreviations: Abu, α-aminobutyric acid; Aib, α-aminoisobuiyric acid or Cα,α-dimethylglycine or Cα-methylalanine; MeAib, α-methylaminoisobutyric acid; Hib, α-hydroxyisobutyric acid; Iva, isovaline or Cα-melhyl-α-aminobutyric acid; (αMe) Val, Cα-methylvaline; (αMe) Leu, Cα-methylleucine; (αMe) Phe, Cα-methylphenylalanine; Deg, diethylglycine; Ac, acetyl; mClAc, monochloroacetyl; pBrBz, para-bromobenzoyl; t-Boc, tert-butyloxycarbonyl; Z, benzyloxycarbonyl; NHMe, methylamino; NHiPr, isopropylamino; NHBzl, benzylamino; OMe, methoxy; OtBu, tert-butoxy; OBzl, benzyloxy; Oxl, 5(4H)-oxazolone. As for the Cα-methylated α-amino acids discussed in this paper, the L configuration corresponds to the S configuration if Iva, (αMe) Val, (αMe) Leu, and (αMe) Phe are considered as formally derived from Abu, Val, Leu, and Phe, respectively, by Cα-methylation.
- Issue online: 1 FEB 2004
- Version of Record online: 1 FEB 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 OCT 1992
- Manuscript Received: 10 JUL 1992
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!