Humanization of anti-human insulin receptor antibody for drug targeting across the human blood–brain barrier
Version of Record online: 25 AUG 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Biotechnology and Bioengineering
Volume 96, Issue 2, pages 381–391, 1 February 2007
How to Cite
Boado, R. J., Zhang, Y., Zhang, Y. and Pardridge, W. M. (2007), Humanization of anti-human insulin receptor antibody for drug targeting across the human blood–brain barrier. Biotechnol. Bioeng., 96: 381–391. doi: 10.1002/bit.21120
- Issue online: 23 DEC 2006
- Version of Record online: 25 AUG 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 JUN 2006
- Manuscript Received: 12 MAY 2006
- 1991. A one-step procedure for isolation of poly A+ mRNA from isolated brain capillaries and endothelial cells in culture. J Neurochem 57: 2136–2139. , .
- 1999. Selective expression of the large neutral amino acid transporter (LAT) at the blood-brain barrier. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 96: 12079–12084. , , , , .
- 1989. Conformations of immunoglobulin hypervariable regions. Nature 342: 877–883. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Transport across the primate blood-brain barrier of a genetically engineered chimeric monoclonal antibody to the human insulin receptor. Pharm Res 17: 266–274. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Immunogenicity of engineered antibodies. Methods 36: 3–10. , .
- 1986. Replacing the complementarity-determining regions in a human antibody with those from a mouse. Nature 321: 522–525. , , , , .
- 1991. Identical V region amino acid sequences and segments of sequences in antibodies of different specificities. Relative contributions of VH and VL genes, minigenes, and complementarity-determining regions to binding of antibody-combining sites. J Immunol 147: 1709–1719. , .
- 2001. Titer-dependent antagonism of cocaine following active immunization in rhesus monkeys. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 296: 789–796. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Imaging gene expression in the brain in vivo in a transgenic mouse model of Huntington's disease with an antisense radiopharmaceutical and drug-targeting technology. J Nucl Med 43: 948–956. , , , , .
- 1999. Genetically engineered brain drug delivery vectors: Cloning, expression and in vivo application of an anti-transferrin receptor single chain antibody-streptavidin fusion gene and protein. Protein Eng 12: 787–796. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Evaluation of dopamine D-2 receptor occupancy by clozapine, risperidone, and haloperidol in vivo in the rodent and nonhuman primate brain using 18F-fallypride. Neuropsychopharmacol 25: 476–488. , , , , .
- 1993. An improved method for generating single-chain antibodies from hybridomas. J Immunol Methods 165: 81–91. , , , .
- 2001. Brain drug-targeting; The future of brain drug development. United Kingdom: Cambridge University Press. 370 p. .
- 1985. Human blood-brain barrier insulin receptor. J Neurochem 44: 1771–1778. , , .
- 1991. Selective transport of an anti-transferrin receptor antibody through the blood-brain barrier in vivo. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 259: 66–70. , , .
- 1995. Human insulin receptor monoclonal antibody undergoes high affinity binding to human brain capillaries in vitro and rapid transcytosis through the blood-brain barrier in vivo in the primate. Pharm Res 12: 807–816. , , , .
- 1997. Drug targeting of a peptide radiopharmaceutical through the primate blood-brain barrier in vivo with a monoclonal antibody to the human insulin receptor. J Clin Invest 100: 1804–1812. , , .
- 2003. Global non-viral gene transfer to the primate brain following intravenous administration. Mol Ther 7: 11–18. , , .