Presented to the Annual Meeting of Dutch Residents in Trauma Surgery, Soestduinen, The Netherlands, January 2011 and the 12th European Congress of Trauma and Emergency Surgery, Milan, Italy, April 2011
Systematic review and meta-analysis of immediate total-body computed tomography compared with selective radiological imaging of injured patients †
Article first published online: 22 DEC 2011
Copyright © 2011 British Journal of Surgery Society Ltd. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
British Journal of Surgery
Supplement: Trauma Supplement
Volume 99, Issue S1, pages 52–58, January 2012
How to Cite
Sierink, J. C., Saltzherr, T. P., Reitsma, J. B., Van Delden, O. M., Luitse, J. S. K. and Goslings, J. C. (2012), Systematic review and meta-analysis of immediate total-body computed tomography compared with selective radiological imaging of injured patients . Br J Surg, 99: 52–58. doi: 10.1002/bjs.7760
- Issue published online: 22 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 22 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 SEP 2011
- 1American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma. ATLS Advanced Trauma Life Support Program for Doctors. Student Course Manual (8th edn). American College of Surgeons: Chicago, 2008.
- 3Standardized whole-body computed tomography as a screening tool in blunt multitrauma patients. Emerg Radiol 2001; 8: 20–28., .
- 6Experience with a continuous, single-pass whole-body multidetector CT protocol for trauma: the three-minute multiple trauma CT scan. Emerg Radiol 2001; 8: 250–256., , .
- 232010; http://www.ohri.ca/programs/clinical_epidemiology/oxford.asp [accessed 22 November 2010]., , , , , et al. The Newcastle–Ottawa Scale (NOS) for Assessing the Quality of Nonrandomised Studies in Meta-analyses. Ottawa Hospital Research Institute: Ottawa
- 29Centre for Evidence Based Medicine. Levels of Evidence. Oxford Centre for Evidence-based Medicine 2009; http://www.cebm.net/index.aspx?o = 1025 [accessed 1 April 2011].
- 33A multi-center, randomized study of early assessment by CT scanning in severely injured trauma patients. Dutch Trial Register, 2011. http://www.trialregister.nl/trialreg/admin/rctview.asp?TC = 2607 [assessed 17 October 2011]..