Systematic review of multidisciplinary rehabilitation in patients with multiple trauma
Article first published online: 22 DEC 2011
Copyright © 2011 British Journal of Surgery Society Ltd. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
British Journal of Surgery
Supplement: Trauma Supplement
Volume 99, Issue S1, pages 88–96, January 2012
How to Cite
Khan, F., Amatya, B. and Hoffman, K. (2012), Systematic review of multidisciplinary rehabilitation in patients with multiple trauma. Br J Surg, 99: 88–96. doi: 10.1002/bjs.7776
- Issue published online: 22 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 22 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 SEP 2011
- 1World Health Organization. Global Burden of Disease. 2004 Update. http://www.who.int/healthinfo/global_burden_disease/GBD_report_2004update_full.pdf [accessed 1 April 2011].
- 2Trauma Rehabilitation (1st edn). Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: Philadelphia, 2006..
- 3Australian Bureau of Statistics. Injury in Australia: a Snap Shot 2004–05. ABS: Canberra, 2006.
- 4National Audit Office. Major Trauma Care in England. National Audit Office: London, 2010.
- 5Measurement in Neurological Rehabilitation. Oxford University Press: Oxford, 1992..
- 7http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/318436-overview#showall [accessed 1 April 2011].. Burn Rehabilitation.
- 8US Department of Health and Human Services. Trauma EMS Systems Program. Model Trauma Systems Planning and Evaluation; Trauma Systems Collaborating with Public Health for Improved Injury Outcomes. Health Resources and Services Administration: Columbus, 2006.
- 10Institute of Medicine, Committee on Quality of Health Care in America. Crossing the Quality Chasm: a New Health System for the 21st Century. National Academy Press: Washington, 2000.
- 14National Confidential Enquiry into Patient Outcome and Death (NCEPOD). Trauma: Who Cares? NCEPOD: London, 2007.
- 15World Health Organization (WHO). International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF). WHO: Geneva, 2001.
- 16http://www.cochrane-handbook.org [accessed 1 April 2011]., . Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.0.2 [updated September 2009].
- 28Capturing outcomes following injury: a New Zealand pilot study. N Z Med J 2010; 123: 66–74., , , .
- 32Interpreting results and drawing conclusions. In Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions, Higgins JPT, Green S (eds). John Wiley: Chichester, 2008; 12·1–12·24., , , , , et al.
- 33Multidisciplinary care for Guillain–Barré syndrome. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2010; (2)CD008505., , , , .
- 34Multidisciplinary rehabilitation for adults with multiple sclerosis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2007; (2)CD006036., , , .
- 35Multidisciplinary care for adults with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or motor neuron disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2009; (4)CD007425., , .
- 41The AROC Annual Report: the State of Rehabilitation in Australia 2005. Australasian Rehabilitation Outcomes Centre: Sydney, 2007., .
- 43Guidelines for Essential Trauma Care. World Health Organization: Geneva, 2004., , , , .
- 47National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS). http://www.nhtsa.gov/FARS [accessed 1 October 2011].
- 49The Injury and Violence Surveillance Consortium and Participating Forensic Pathologists. The South-African National Non-natural Mortality Surveillance System. Africa Safecom Newsletter 2000; 1: 1–5.
- 50Development of ICF Core Sets for patients with chronic conditions. J Rehabil Med 2004; (Suppl): 9–11., , , , , .