Presented to the Annual General Meeting of the Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland, Edinburgh, UK, November 2011; published in abstract form as Br J Surg 2012; 99(Suppl 3): 9
Final follow-up of the Multicentre Aneurysm Screening Study (MASS) randomized trial of abdominal aortic aneurysm screening†
Article first published online: 3 OCT 2012
Copyright © 2012 British Journal of Surgery Society Ltd. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
British Journal of Surgery
Volume 99, Issue 12, pages 1649–1656, December 2012
How to Cite
Thompson, S. G., Ashton, H. A., Gao, L., Buxton, M. J., Scott, R. A. P. and on behalf of the Multicentre Aneurysm Screening Study (MASS) Group (2012), Final follow-up of the Multicentre Aneurysm Screening Study (MASS) randomized trial of abdominal aortic aneurysm screening. Br J Surg, 99: 1649–1656. doi: 10.1002/bjs.8897
- Issue published online: 6 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 3 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 JUN 2012
- Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at . [http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/onlineopen#OnlineOpen_Terms]
- 1NHS Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Screening Programme: Annual Report 2010–11. http://www.aaa.screening.nhs.uk/annual_report [accessed 19 March 2012].
- 2Scottish Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening Programme. http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Health/health/screening/AAAscreening [accessed 19 March 2012].
- 3Screening for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm; 2008. http://www.sbu.se/en/Published/Alert/Screening-for-Abdominal-Aortic-Aneurysm [accessed 19 March 2012].
- 4US Preventive Services Task Force. Screening for abdominal aortic aneurysm: recommendation statement. Ann Intern Med 2005; 142: 198–202.
- 9Screening for abdominal aortic aneurysm. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2007; (2)CD002945., .
- 14US Preventive Services Task Force. Screening for breast cancer: US Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement. Ann Intern Med 2009; 151: 716–726, W–236.
- 17Sub-aneurysmal Aortic Dilatation Study Group. Should we follow up men with screening-detected aortas 2·5–2·9 cm? Br J Surg 2012; 99(Suppl 3): 9.;
- 27Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors are associated with a significant reduction in abdominal aortic aneurysm prevalence. Br J Surg 2012; 99(Suppl 3): 10., , , .
- 29National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Guide to the Methods of Technology Appraisal; 2008. http://www.nice.org.uk/media/B52/A7/TAMethodsGuideUpdatedJune2008.pdf [accessed 19 March 2012].