Impact of targeted neoadjuvant therapies in the treatment of solid organ tumours
Article first published online: 20 NOV 2012
Copyright © 2012 British Journal of Surgery Society Ltd. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
British Journal of Surgery
Volume 100, Issue 1, pages 5–14, January 2013
How to Cite
Waddell, T. and Cunningham, D. (2013), Impact of targeted neoadjuvant therapies in the treatment of solid organ tumours. Br J Surg, 100: 5–14. doi: 10.1002/bjs.8987
- Issue published online: 5 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 20 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 SEP 2012
- 1Neoadjuvant chemotherapy with trastuzumab followed by adjuvant trastuzumab versus neoadjuvant chemotherapy alone, in patients with HER2-positive locally advanced breast cancer (the NOAH trial): a randomised controlled superiority trial with a parallel HER2-negative cohort. Lancet 2010; 375: 377–384., , , , , et al.
- 12Surgical outcomes and complications associated with presurgical tyrosine kinase inhibition for advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC). Urol Oncol 2011; [Epub ahead of print]., , , , , .
- 18National Institutes of Health. A Service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health; 2012. http://www.clinicaltrials.gov [accessed 05 September 2012].
- 24Correlation of kinase genotype and clinical outcome in the North American Intergroup Phase III Trial of imatinib mesylate for treatment of advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumor: CALGB 150105 Study by Cancer and Leukemia Group B and Southwest Oncology Group. J Clin Oncol 2008; 26: 5360–5367., , , , , et al.
- 25EORTC Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group; Italian Sarcoma Group; Australasian GastroIntestinal Trials Group. KIT mutations and dose selection for imatinib in patients with advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumours. Eur J Cancer 2006; 42: 1093–1103., , , , , et al.;
- 29National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN). NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology: Soft Tissue Sarcoma; 2012. www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/sarcoma.pdf (accessed 05 September 2012).
- 31Multicenter randomized phase II clinical trial comparing neoadjuvant oxaliplatin, capecitabine, and preoperative radiotherapy with or without cetuximab followed by total mesorectal excision in patients with high-risk rectal cancer (EXPERT-C). J Clin Oncol 2012; 30: 1620–1627., , , , , et al.
- 34Liver resection after downstaging hepatocellular carcinoma with sorafenib. Int J Hepatol 2011; 79: 1013., , , , , et al.
- 37Molecular predictors of outcome in a phase 3 study of gemcitabine and erlotinib therapy in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer: National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group Study PA.3. Cancer 2010; 116: 5599–5607., , , , , et al.
- 38Molecular markers of the EGFR pathway in erlotinib-treated patients with advanced pancreatic cancer (APC): translational analyses of a randomized, cross-over AIO phase III trial. J Clin Oncol 2011; 29(Suppl): 4047. Meeting abstract., , , , , et al.
- 42Gemcitabine plus erlotinib followed by capecitabine versus capecitabine plus erlotinib followed by gemcitabine in advanced pancreatic cancer: final results of a randomised phase 3 trial of the ‘Arbeitsgemeinschaft Internistische Onkologie’ (AIO-PK0104). Gut 2012; [Epub ahead of print]., , , , , et al.
- 53Final results from PRIME: randomized phase III study of panitumumab (pmab) with FOLFOX4 for first-line metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC). J Clin Oncol 2011; 29(Suppl): abstract 3510., , , , , et al.