Standards for the use of animals in surgical research
Article first published online: 1 MAR 2013
© 2013 British Journal of Surgery Society Ltd. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd
British Journal of Surgery
Volume 100, Issue 5, pages 580–581, April 2013
How to Cite
Watkins, P. E. (2013), Standards for the use of animals in surgical research. Br J Surg, 100: 580–581. doi: 10.1002/bjs.9091
- Issue published online: 1 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 1 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 JAN 2013
- 3Laboratory Animal Anaesthesia (3rd edn). Academic Press: London, 2009..
- 4Veterinary Anaesthesia (10th edn). WB Saunders: London, 2001., , .
- 5European Parliament. Directive 2010/63/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 22 September 2010 on the Protection of Animals Used for Scientific Purposes. http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri = OJ:L:2010:276:0033:0079:en:PDF [accessed 13 January 2013].
- 9Management of postoperative pain in animals used in research. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1999; 81: 751.
- 10The Principles of Humane Experimental Technique. Methuen: London, 1959., .