Mortality in high-risk emergency general surgical admissions
Article first published online: 17 JUL 2013
© 2013 British Journal of Surgery Society Ltd. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd
British Journal of Surgery
Volume 100, Issue 10, pages 1318–1325, September 2013
How to Cite
Symons, N. R. A., Moorthy, K., Almoudaris, A. M., Bottle, A., Aylin, P., Vincent, C. A. and Faiz, O. D. (2013), Mortality in high-risk emergency general surgical admissions. Br J Surg, 100: 1318–1325. doi: 10.1002/bjs.9208
- Issue published online: 12 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 17 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 MAY 2013
- 1Health and Social Care Information Centre. Hospital Episode Statistics. Main Specialty 2010–2011. http://www.hesonline.nhs.uk/Ease/servlet/ContentServer?siteID=1937&categoryID=207 [accessed 1 December 2012].
- 3Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland. Emergency General Surgery: The Future, A Consensus Statement. http://www.asgbi.org.uk/en/publications/consensus_statements.cfm [accessed 1 December 2012].
- 4Royal College of Surgeons of England. Emergency Surgery: Standards for Unscheduled Surgical Care. http://www.rcseng.ac.uk/publications/docs/emergency-surgery-standards-for-unscheduled-care [accessed 1 December 2012].
- 5Royal College of Surgeons of England. The Higher Risk General Surgical Patient: Towards Improved Care for a Forgotten Group. http://www.rcseng.ac.uk/publications/docs/higher-risk-surgical-patient [accessed 1 December 2012].
- 6Deaths in Acute Hospitals. Caring to the end? http://www.ncepod.org.uk/2009dah.htm [accessed 1 December 2012]., , , , , et al.
- 7Emergency Admissions: a Journey in the Right Direction? http://www.ncepod.org.uk/2007ea.htm [accessed 1 December 2012]., , , , , .
- 17Department of Health. Performance Data and Statistics. http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Statistics/Performancedataandstatistics/index.htm [accessed 1 December 2012].
- 23Discovering Statistics using SPSS (3rd edn). SAGE Publications: London, 2009.
- 25Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland. Emergency General Surgery: Fellows Responses. http://www.asgbi.org.uk/en/members/asgbi_surveys.cfm [accessed 1 December 2012].