DNA isolation from a dried blood sample, PCR amplification, and population analysis: Making the most of commercially available kits
Article first published online: 3 NOV 2006
Copyright © 2003 International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Inc.
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education
Volume 31, Issue 6, pages 418–421, November 2003
How to Cite
DeLong Frost, L. and Peart, S. T. (2003), DNA isolation from a dried blood sample, PCR amplification, and population analysis: Making the most of commercially available kits. Biochem. Mol. Biol. Educ., 31: 418–421. doi: 10.1002/bmb.2003.494031060268
- Issue published online: 3 NOV 2006
- Article first published online: 3 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 24 JUN 2003
- Manuscript Received: 12 SEP 2002
- 11998) Fundamental Laboratory Approaches for Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Fitzgerald Science Press, Bethesda, MD., (
- 22001) Cloning, Gene Expression and Protein Purification: Experimental Procedures and Process Rationale, Oxford University Press, New York., , , , , (
- 3American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (2003) List of Schools: Departments with Degree Programs in Biochemistry and/or Molecular Biology: www.asbmb.org.
- 5M.Howe, D.Berg, Eds. (1989) Mobile DNA, ASM Press, Washington, D.C., pp. 619–636., in
- 8Molecular Probes (company website) (2003) Product information sheet, SYBR Nucleic Acid Gel Stains: www.probes.com/media/pis/td004.pdf.
- 9Bio-Rad Laboratories (company website) (2003) Chromosome 8: Gene Amplification Alu-TPA PCR Kit Chromosome 8 PCR Kit (Catalogs/Life Science Education/Classroom Kits/Chromosome 8 PCR Kit): www.bio-rad.com.
- 10Bio-Rad Laboratories (company website) (2003) Chromosome 16: PV92 PCR/Informatics Kit (Catalogs/Life Science Education/US Workshops and Conferences): www.bio-rad.com.