The Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary, provided financial assistance to A. D. M. during the time in which this laboratory was developed.
Using cytochome c to monitor electron transport and inhibition in beef heart submitochondrial particles*
Article first published online: 3 NOV 2006
Copyright © 2004 International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Inc.
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education
Volume 32, Issue 1, pages 39–44, January 2004
How to Cite
Melin, A. D. and Lohmeier-Vogel, E. M. (2004), Using cytochome c to monitor electron transport and inhibition in beef heart submitochondrial particles. Biochem. Mol. Biol. Educ., 32: 39–44. doi: 10.1002/bmb.2004.494032010306
- Issue published online: 3 NOV 2006
- Article first published online: 3 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 27 AUG 2003
- Manuscript Received: 2 JAN 2003
- 1J. M.ClarkJr. (ed) (1964) Experimental Biochemistry, pp. 154–163, W. H. Freeman and Co., San Francisco.
- 2D. G.Nicholls, S. J.Ferguson (eds) (1992) Bioenergetics 2, pp. 51, Academic Press, New York.
- 3R.Boyer (ed) (2000) Modern Experimental Biochemistry, 3rd Ed, pp. 357–370, Benjamin Cummings, New York.
- 62001) Ubiquinol: Cytochrome c oxidoreductase (complex III). Effect of inhibitors on cytochrome b reduction in submitochondrial particles and the role of ubiquinone in complex III, J. Biol. Chem. 260, 14424–14427., (
- 71984) A re-examination of the reactions of cyanide with cytochrome c oxidase, Biochem. J. 15, 57–66., , , , , . (
- 9H. S.Sober (ed) (1969) Handbook of Biochemistry, 2nd Ed, pp. C-75, CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL.