This work was supported by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute (contract grant sponsor). The cost of publication of this article were defrayed in part by the payment of page charges. This article must therefore be hereby marked “advertisement” in accordance with 18 U.S.C. Section 1734 solely to indicate this fact.
Supplementing introductory biology with on-line curriculum*
Version of Record online: 3 NOV 2006
Copyright © 2004 International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Inc.
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education
Volume 32, Issue 1, pages 20–26, January 2004
How to Cite
McGroarty, E., Parker, J., Heidemann, M., Lim, H., Olson, M., Long, T., Merrill, J., Riffell, S., Smith, J., Batzli, J. and Kirschtel, D. (2004), Supplementing introductory biology with on-line curriculum. Biochem. Mol. Biol. Educ., 32: 20–26. doi: 10.1002/bmb.2004.494032010312
- Issue online: 3 NOV 2006
- Version of Record online: 3 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 27 OCT 2003
- Manuscript Received: 23 JUL 2003
- 1J. D.Bransford, A. L.Brown, R. R.Cocking, eds (2000) How People Learn: Brain, Mind, Experience, and School, National Academy Press, Washington, D.C.
- 21992) Learning, instruction, and hypermedia, J. Educ. Media. Hypermedia. 1, 287–299., (
- 32000) in Innovations in Science and Mathematics Education: Advanced Designs for Technologies of Learning (M.Jacobson, R.Kozma, eds) pp. 11–46, Erlbaum, Mahwah.(
- 41996) Theories, Speculation, and the Structure of Knowledge, Teachers College Press, New York.(
- 51991) in Designing Environments for Constructive Learning (T. M.Duffy, J.Lowyk, D. H.Jonassen, eds) pp. 231–247, Springer-Verlag, New York., , (
- 7National Science Foundation (1996) Shaping the Future: New Expectations for Undergraduate Education in Science, Mathematics, Engineering, and Technology, pp. 44, National Science Foundation, Washington, DC.
- 91956) Taxonomy of Educational Objectives, Handbook 1: Cognitive Domain, Edward Bros, Ann Arbor, MI., , , , (
- 101988) Level of adjunct question, type of feedback, and learning concepts by reading, Contemp. Educ. Psychol. 13, 296–307., (
- 111990) Theories, speculation, and the structure of knowledge, Speculat. Sci. Technol. 13, 13–17.(
- 122002) Biology, 6th Ed, The Benjamin Cummings Publishing Co., Menlo Park, CA., (