The Molecular Genetics and Protein Structure and Function Workshop and the CWCS program are supported by NSF Award DUE 0089417 (2001–2004) and Award DUE 0341138 (2004–2007). Workshop instructors for 2001–2004 have included Drs. Giovanni Gadda, Jenny Yang, Mark Germann, and Kathy Grant of Georgia State University; Dr. Ira Lubin of Centers for Disease Control; Dr. Vince Conticelli of Emory University; Dr. Mary Peek of Georgia Institute of Technology; and Drs. Don Price and Cam Muir of University of Hawaii-Hilo.
A participant-oriented, research-based approach for design of a biochemistry workshop for faculty at undergraduate institutions*
Version of Record online: 3 NOV 2006
Copyright © 2005 International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Inc.
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education
Volume 33, Issue 4, pages 269–273, July 2005
How to Cite
Owen, R. L. and Breyer, E. D. (2005), A participant-oriented, research-based approach for design of a biochemistry workshop for faculty at undergraduate institutions. Biochem. Mol. Biol. Educ., 33: 269–273. doi: 10.1002/bmb.2005.49403304269
- Issue online: 3 NOV 2006
- Version of Record online: 3 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 13 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Received: 22 DEC 2004
- 22004) A response to BIO2010: Transforming undergraduate education for future research biologists, from the perspective of the biochemistry and molecular biology major program at Kenyon College, Biochem. Mol. Biol. Educ. 32, 151–155., (
- 3BIO2010: Transforming Undergraduate Education for Future Research Biologists (2003) available online at www.nap.edu/books/0309085357/html/.
- 4National Science Foundation (2000) NSF GPRA Strategic Plan FY 2001–2006; available online at www.nsf.gov/pubs/2001/nsf0104/nsf0104.pdf.
- 82002) DNA Triple Helices: An Exploration for Undergraduates. SERMACS 2002, Charleston, SC.(