Modular laboratory courses: An alternative to a traditional laboratory program
Article first published online: 3 NOV 2006
Copyright © 2005 International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Inc.
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education
Volume 33, Issue 5, pages 351–355, September 2005
How to Cite
Caprette, D. R., Armstrong, S. and Beason, K. B. (2005), Modular laboratory courses: An alternative to a traditional laboratory program. Biochem. Mol. Biol. Educ., 33: 351–355. doi: 10.1002/bmb.2005.49403305351
- Issue published online: 3 NOV 2006
- Article first published online: 3 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 14 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Received: 25 MAR 2005
- 12002) Biology laboratories: Are they disappearing? The Scientist 16, 23–27.(
- 21990) The Role of the Laboratory in Science Teaching, National Association for Research in Science Teaching; available on-line at www.educ.sfu.ca/narstsite/publications/research/labs.htm.(
- 3Sigma Xi (1990) Entry Level Undergraduate Courses in Science, Mathematics, and Engineering: An Investment in Human Resources, Research Triangle Park: Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society.
- 5National Science Foundation (1989) Report on the NSF Disciplinary Workshops on Undergraduate Education, National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C.
- 62002) Teaching demands versus research productivity, J. Coll. Sci. Teach. 31, 436–441., (
- 71999) Experimental Biosciences, Introductory Laboratory, Bios 211; available on-line at www.ruf.rice.edu/∼bioslabs/bios211/ (updated 2005).(
- 81999) Advanced Experimental Biosciences; available on-line at www.owlnet.rice.edu/∼bios311/bios311/311homepage.html (updated 2004).(
- 92003) Descriptions of Competency Categories; available on-line at www.owlnet.rice.edu/∼labgroup/expandedstandards.html.(
- 102002) Self-Evaluation of Professional Laboratory Skills—Pre-lab; available on-line at www.owlnet.rice.edu/∼labgroup/selfeval.html (updated 2005).(
- 112004) Coordinating Laboratory Courses Across Engineering and Science Curricula, in Proceedings of the 2004 American Society of Engineering Education Annual Conference and Exposition, American Society of Engineering Education., , , , (
- 121997) Welcome to Bios 315: Laboratory in Physiology; available on-line at www.ruf.rice.edu/∼bioslabs/bios315/ (revised 2003).(