The power of interactive teaching
Version of Record online: 24 MAR 2009
Copyright © 2009 International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Inc.
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education
Volume 37, Issue 2, pages 74–76, March/April 2009
How to Cite
Costa, M. J. and Rangachari, P. K. (2009), The power of interactive teaching. Biochem. Mol. Biol. Educ., 37: 74–76. doi: 10.1002/bmb.20270
- Issue online: 24 MAR 2009
- Version of Record online: 24 MAR 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 4 JAN 2009
- Manuscript Received: 10 DEC 2008
- 3Board of life sciences ( 2003) BIO2010: Transforming Undergraduate Education for Future Research Biologists, National Academy Press, Washington, DC.
- 5J. D.Bransford,A. L.Brown,R. R.Cocking, Eds. ( 2000) How People Learn: Brain, Mind, Experience and School, National Academy Press, Washington, DC.
- 10Interactive-engagement methods in introductory mechanics courses. Available at: http://www.physics.indiana.edu/%7Esdi/IEM-2b.pdf (accessed on January 2, 2009).
- 162007) Six lessons from the physics education reform effort. Latin Am. J. Phys. Educ. 1, 24–31.(
- 232008) A concept inventory for molecular life sciences: How will it help your teaching practice? Aust. Biochem. 39, 14–17., , , , (
- 242005) A review of the one-minute paper. Active Learn. Higher Educ. 6, 118–131.(
- 251997) Beating the numbers game: Effective teaching in large classes, Proceedings of the American Society of Engineering Education Annual Conference, Milwaukee, USA. Available at: http://www4.ncsu.edu/unity/lockers/users/f/felder/public/Papers/Large classes.htm (accessed on January 2, 2009).(
- 261993) Classroom Assessment Techniques, A Handbook for College Teachers, 2nd ed., Jossey-Bass, San Francisco., (
- 27Office of Institutional Research & Assessment Item bank, Syracuse University. Available at: http://oira.syr.edu/Assessment/StudentRate/CreateForm.htm (accessed on January 2, 2009).
- 28Professional and Organizational Development Network. Available at http://www.podnetwork.org/ (accessed on January 2, 2009).
- 292003) To control or not to control: The question of whether experimental designs are appropriate for evaluating teaching innovations in higher education. Assess. Eval. Higher Educ. 28, 89–101.(
- 30A. E.Kelly,R. A.Lesh,J. Y.Baek, Eds. ( 2008) Handbook of Design Research Methods in Mathematics, Science, and Technology Education, Erlbaum, Mahwah, NJ, pp. 493–508., in