A writing-intensive, methods-based laboratory course for undergraduates
Article first published online: 25 MAY 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education
Volume 39, Issue 3, pages 196–203, May/June 2011
How to Cite
Colabroy, K. L. (2011), A writing-intensive, methods-based laboratory course for undergraduates. Biochem. Mol. Biol. Educ., 39: 196–203. doi: 10.1002/bmb.20496
- Issue published online: 25 MAY 2011
- Article first published online: 25 MAY 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 16 DEC 2010
- Manuscript Received: 30 JUL 2010
- 1NSF( 1996) Shaping the Future: New Expectations for Undergraduate Education in Science, Mathematics, Engineering and Technology vol. NSF publication No. 96-139, National Science Foundation, Arlington, VA.
- 72004) Characterization of pathogenic human MSH2 missense mutations using yeast as model system: A laboratory course in molecular biology. Cell Biol. Educ. 3, 031–048., (
- 92004) Integrating research and teaching labs with the module evolution approach. Council on Undergraduate Research Quarterly 24, 165.(
- 121999) CUR Institutes on institutionalizing undergraduate research: A success story. Council on Undergraduate Research Quarterly 20, 36–39., (
- 132007) Institutionalizing undergraduate research. Academic Leader 23, 5–7.(
- 142009) A Grassroots, faculty-driven initiative to institutionalize undergraduate research: The ins and outs of cultivating administrative support. Council on Undergraduate Research Quarterly 30, 29–34., , , (
- 182008) Write Like a Chemist. Oxford University Press, New York., , , (
- 192005) Primary Literature-Based Learning Complements and Enhances Research Experience: The Howard Hughes Undergraduate Research Program (HHURP) at UCLA. Council on Undergraduate Research Quarterly 25, 114–117., (
- 212008) Investigational writing exercises for undergraduate biochemistry experiments. Am. Chem. Soc. Natl. Conf.(
- 221999) Biochemistry idea papers: Teaching proposal writing. Chem. Educ. 4, 125–127.(
- 24N.Hammel, Ed. ( 2009) Muhlenberg College Source Book, Muhlenberg College Press: Allentown, PA.
- 262009) Writing Analytically. Thompson Wadsworth, Boston, MA., (
- 282006) The Student Instructional Report II: Its Development, Uses and Supporting Research. An Issue paper from ETS (Educational Testing Service).(