Tel.: 314-935-6304; Fax: 314-935-4432
Article first published online: 2 APR 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education
Volume 40, Issue 4, pages 241–245, July/August 2012
How to Cite
Ruggirello, R. M., Balcerzak, P., May, V. L. and Blankenship, R. E. (2012), Measurement of solar spectra relating to photosynthesis and solar cells: An inquiry lab for secondary science. Biochem. Mol. Biol. Educ., 40: 241–245. doi: 10.1002/bmb.20599
This material is based in part upon work supported as part of the Photosynthetic Antenna Research Center (PARC), an Energy Frontier Research Center funded by the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Science, Office of Basic Energy Sciences under Award Number DE-SC 0001035 and by the National Science Foundation (NSF) under grant number 0634470. The role of PARC was to provide salary support to RMR, NSF funded the institute where the lab was piloted and NSF funds provided the first SpectroVis for testing the lab. Author contributions: RMR designed investigation based on lab concept by REB, led workshops, and wrote the paper; VLM, PB, and REB supervised the project.
Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
- Issue published online: 17 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 2 APR 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 3 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 31 AUG 2011
- National Science Foundation. Grant Number: 0634470
- U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Science, Office of Basic Energy Sciences. Grant Number: DE-SC 0001035
- 12002) Molecular Mechanisms of Photosynthesis, Blackwell Science Ltd., Oxford, UK.(
- 2College Board ( 2001) AP® Biology Lab Manual for Students, College Board.
- 31985) Tiny bubbles. Sci. Child. 23, 13–14.(
- 4POGIL: Process Oriented Guided Inquiry Learning. Available at: http://www.pogil.org.