Special Section: Innovative Laboratory Exercises—Focus on Genomic Annotation
Using microbial genome annotation as a foundation for collaborative student research
Article first published online: 4 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2012 International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Inc.
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education
Volume 41, Issue 1, pages 34–43, January/February 2013
How to Cite
Reed, K. E. and Richardson, J. M. (2013), Using microbial genome annotation as a foundation for collaborative student research. Biochem. Mol. Biol. Educ., 41: 34–43. doi: 10.1002/bmb.20663
- Issue published online: 4 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 4 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 16 OCT 2012
- 3Brewer C., Smith D., Eds. (2011) Vision and Change in Undergraduate Biology Education: A Call to Action, American Association for the Advancement of Science, Washington, DC.
- 62010) Course-integrated undergraduate research experiences structured at different levels of inquiry. J. STEM Educ. 11, 27–44., , (
- 9Integrated Microbial Genomes Annotation Collaboration Toolkit (IMG-ACT). Available from: http://img-act.jgi-psf.org/user/login. Accessed on June 13, 2012.
- 102007) Mucilaginibacter paludis gen. nov., sp. nov. and Mucilaginibacter gracilis sp. nov., pectin-, xylan- and laminarin-degrading members of the family Sphingobacteriaceae from acidic Sphagnum peat bog. Int. J. Syst. Evol. Microbiol. 57, 2349–2354., , , (
- 12Genomics Education National Initiative. Available from: http://www.geni-science.org/. Accessed on June 13, 2012.
- 13Integrated Microbial Genomes Education Site (IMG-EDU). Available from: http://img.jgi.doe.gov/cgi-bin/edu/main.cgi. Accessed on June 13, 2012.
- 14Ausubel F. M., Brent R., Kingston R. E., Moore D. D., Seidman J. G., Smith J. A., and Struhl K., Eds. (2005) Current Protocols in Molecular Biology, Wiley: Hoboken, NJ.
- 15Pfeiffer J. W., Jones J. E., Eds. (1972) Handbook for Group Facilitators, University Associates, San Francisco, CA.
- 17The Research on the Integrated Science Curriculum (RISC) Survey. http://www.grinnell.edu/academic/csla/assessment/risc. Accessed on Jun 13, 2012.