Special Section: Innovative Laboratory Exercises—Focus on Genomic Annotation
Genome annotation in a community college cell biology lab
Article first published online: 4 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2012 International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Inc.
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education
Volume 41, Issue 1, pages 44–49, January/February 2013
How to Cite
Beagley, C. T. (2013), Genome annotation in a community college cell biology lab. Biochem. Mol. Biol. Educ., 41: 44–49. doi: 10.1002/bmb.20669
- Issue published online: 4 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 4 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 16 OCT 2012
- 2Vision and Change in Undergraduate Biology Education A Call to Action (2011) http://www.visionandchange.org/. Accessed on 11/10/2012
- 4Partnership for 21st Century Skills (2003) Learning for the 21st century www.P21.org. Accessed on 11/10/2012
- 52003) The Laboratory in Science Education: Foundations for the Twenty-First Century, Wiley Periodicals, Inc. pp. 28–54.and (
- 102012) An inquiry-based practical for a large, foundation-level undergraduate laboratory that enhances student understanding of basic cellular concepts and scientific experimental design. Biochem. Mol. Biol. Educ. 40, 174–180., , , and (
- 182008). Funding issues in U.S. community colleges: Findings from a 2007 survey of the National State Directors of Community Colleges [Report], American Association of Community Colleges, Washington, DC. Also available at http://gpquae.iqm.unicamp.br/gtexperimentacao.pdf. Accessed on 11/10/2012., , and (
- 19Science Careers (2012) The job market community college faculty must love to teach. http://sciencecareers.sciencemag.org/career_magazine/previous_issues/articles/2007_05_25/caredit.a0700074. Accessed on 11/10/2012.
- 20Chronicle of Higher Education (2012) The Challenge for Community Colleges. http://chronicle.com/blogs/innovations/the-challenge-for-community-colleges/29654. Accessed on 11/10/2012.
- 21http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gorf/gorf.html. Accessed on 11/10/2012.and NCBI ORF Finder (Open Reading Frame Finder).
- 221995) Science laboratory classroom environments at schools and universities: A cross-national study. Educ. Res. Eval. 1, 289–317.and (