Turan receives funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) (K23 NS069668) for HRMRI research in ICAD. This research has also been supported by the MUSC Center for Advanced Imaging Research (CAIR) and the South Carolina Clinical and Translational Research (SCTR) Institute, with an academic home at the Medical University of South Carolina, through NIH Grant Numbers UL1 RR029882 and UL1 TR000062.
High-resolution MRI of basilar atherosclerosis: three-dimensional acquisition and FLAIR sequences
Article first published online: 5 NOV 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Brain and Behavior published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Brain and Behavior
Volume 3, Issue 1, pages 1–3, January 2013
How to Cite
Brain and Behavior 2013; 3(1):1–3.
- Issue published online: 9 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 5 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 26 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 8 AUG 2012
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Number: K23 NS069668
- MUSC Center for Advanced Imaging Research
- South Carolina Clinical and Translational Research (SCTR) Institute. Grant Numbers: UL1 RR029882, UL1 TR000062
- 1989. Intracranial branch atheromatous disease: a neglected, understudied, and underused concept. Neurology 39:1246–1250.
- 2007. High-resolution magnetic resonance imaging using gadolinium-based contrast agent for atherosclerotic carotid plaque. Surg. Neurol. 68:60–65. , , , , , , et al.
- 2005. High-resolution MRI identifies basilar artery plaques in paramedian pontine infarct. Neurology 64:551–552. , , , and .
- 2010. Basilar artery atherosclerotic plaques in paramedian and lacunar pontine infarctions: a high-resolution MRI study. Stroke 41:1405–1409. , , , , , and .
- 2003. In vivo model of intracranial stent implantation: a pilot study to examine the histological response of cerebral vessels after randomized implantation of heparin-coated and uncoated endoluminal stents in a blinded fashion. J. Neurosurg. 98:544–553. , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Atherosclerosis of middle cerebral artery: evaluation with high-resolution MR imaging at 3T. Atherosclerosis 204:447–452. , , , , , , et al.
- 2000. Pathology of the arteries in the central nervous system with special reference to their dilatation: blood flow. Neuropathology 20:98–103. , , and .
- 2011. Intracranial arterial wall imaging using three-dimensional high isotropic resolution black blood MRI at 3.0 Tesla. J. Magn. Reson. Imaging 34:22–30. , , , , , , et al.
- 2004. MRI-derived measurements of fibrous-cap and lipid-core thickness: the potential for identifying vulnerable carotid plaques in vivo. Neuroradiology 46:738–743. , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. MRI of carotid atherosclerosis: clinical implications and future directions. Nat. Rev. Cardiol. 7:165–173. , , , , and .
- 2002. Carotid artery atherosclerosis: in vivo morphologic characterization with gadolinium-enhanced double-oblique MR imaging initial results. Radiology 223:566–573. , , , , , and .