Development of sensory neuropathy in streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice
Version of Record online: 23 DEC 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Brain and Behavior published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Brain and Behavior
Volume 3, Issue 1, pages 35–41, January 2013
How to Cite
Brain and Behavior 2013; 3(1):35–41.
- Issue online: 9 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 23 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 14 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 23 OCT 2012
- Kawasaki Medical School. Grant Numbers: 22-A19, 23-13, 24-2
- KAKENHI. Grant Number: 23591260
- 2003a. Restorative effects of neurotrophin treatment on diabetes-induced cutaneous axon loss in mice. Exp. Neurol. 179:188–199. , , and .
- 2003b. Beneficial actions of neurotrophin treatment on diabetes-induced hypoalgesia in mice. J. Pain 4:493–504. , , , and .
- 2007. Neurotrophic modulation of myelinated cutaneous innervation and mechanical sensory loss in diabetic mice. Neuroscience 145:303–313. , , , , and .
- 2007. Early diabetic neuropathy: triggers and mechanisms. World J. Gastroenterol. 13:175–191. , , and .
- 1990. Relative growth and maturation of axon size and myelin thickness in the tibial nerve of the rat. 1. Normal animals. Acta Neuropathol. 79:364–374. , , , , , and .
- 2008. Early loss of peptidergic intraepidermal nerve fibers in an STZ-induced mouse model of insensate diabetic neuropathy. Pain 140:35–47. , , and .
- 2009. Dynamic changes of neuroskeletal proteins in DRGs underlie impaired axonal maturation and progressive axonal degeneration in type 1 diabetes. Exp. Diabetes Res. 2009:793281. , , and .
- 2000. The regenerative deficit of peripheral nerves in experimental diabetes: its extent, timing and possible mechanisms. Brain 123:2118–2129. , and .
- 2009. Vascular endothelial growth factor gene transfer for diabetic polyneuropathy. Ann. Neurol. 65:362–364.
- 2004. Sensory nerve conduction of the plantar nerve compared with other nerve conduction tests in rats. Clin. Neurophysiol. 115:1677–1682. , , , , , , et al.
- 2005. Diabetic neuropathies. Pp. 1951–1991 in P. J. Dyck and P. K. Thomas, eds. Peripheral neuropathies. 4th ed. Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA. , , and .
- 2006. VEGF 164 gene transfer by electroporation improves diabetic sensory neuropathy in mice. J. Gene Med. 8:773–781. , , , and .
- 2011. Placental growth factor-2 gene transfer by electroporation restores diabetic sensory neuropathy in mice. Exp. Neurol. 227:195–202. , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Diabetic painful and insensate neuropathy: pathogenesis and potential treatments. Neurotherapeutics 6:638–647.
- 2003. Nerve growth factor and diabetic neuropathy. Exp. Diabesity Res. 4:271–285. , and .
- 1957. A method for measurement of analgesic activity on inflamed tissue. Arch. Int. Pharmacodyn. 4:409–419. , and .
- 1980. Diabetic neuropathy in the mutant mouse [C57BL/ks(db/db)]: a morphometric study. Diabetes 29:60–67. , and .
- 2009. Vascular endothelial growth factor gene transfer for diabetic polyneuropathy: a randomized, double-blinded trial. Ann. Neurol. 65:386–393. , , , , , , et al.
- 1979. Peripheral neuropathy in the diabetic mutant mouse. An ultrastructural study. Lab. Invest. 40:627–632. , and .
- 1990. Relative growth and maturation of axon size and myelin thickness in the tibial nerve of the rat. 2. Effect of streptozotocin-induced diabetes. Acta Neuropathol. 79:375–386. , , , , , and .
- 2008. Glucose neurotoxicity. Nat. Rev. Neurosci. 9:36–45. , and .
- 1990. Effects of long-term aldose reductase inhibition on development of experimental diabetic neuropathy. Ultrastructural and morphometric studies of sural nerve in streptozocin-induced diabetic rats. Diabetes 39:690–696. , , , and .
- 2001. Neuropathy in diabetic mice overexpressing human aldose reductase and effects of aldose reductase inhibitor. Brain 124:2448–2458. , , , , , , et al.
- 2007. Diabetes mellitus and the peripheral nervous system: manifestations and mechanisms. Muscle Nerve 36:144–166.