Conflict of Interest A patent application for the use of GABAB receptor as a diagnostic test has been filed by Dr. Dalmau. The rest of the authors have no conflicts of interest.
Perfusion 123IMP-SPECT shows reversible abnormalities in GABAB receptor antibody associated encephalitis with normal MRI
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2012
©2011 The Authors. Brain and Behavior published by Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
Brain and Behavior
Volume 1, Issue 2, pages 70–72, November 2011
How to Cite
Ohta, K., Seki, M., Dalmau, J. and Shinohara, Y. (2011), Perfusion 123IMP-SPECT shows reversible abnormalities in GABAB receptor antibody associated encephalitis with normal MRI. Brain and Behavior, 1: 70–72. doi: 10.1002/brb3.14
- Issue published online: 31 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2012
- Received: 29 March 2011; Revised: 14 July 2011; Accepted: 27 July 2011
- 2009. Impairment of the cortical GABAergic inhibitory system in catatonic stupor: a case report with neuroimaging. Epileptic Disord 11:126–131. , , , , , , , , and .
- 2010. Antibodies to the GABAB receptor in limbic encephalitis with seizures: case series and characterisation of the antigen. Lancet Neurol. 9:67–76. , , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 1999. Improvement in adult-onset Rasmussen's encephalitis with long-term immunomodulatory therapy. Neurology 52:738–742. , , , and .
- 2010. Defective cerebral gamma-aminobutyric acid-A receptor density in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus and central nervous system involvement. An observational study. Lupus 19:918–926. , , , , , , , , and .
- 1995. A diagnostic approach in Alzheimer's disease using three-dimensional stereotactic surface projections of fluorine-18-FDG PET. J. Nucl. Med. 36:1238–1248. , , , , , , , and .