Marie-Therese Gast and Anke Tönjes contributed equally to this work.
The role of rs2237781 within GRM8 in eating behavior
Version of Record online: 23 JUN 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Brain and Behavior published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Brain and Behavior
Volume 3, Issue 5, pages 495–502, September 2013
How to Cite
Brain and Behavior 2013; 3(5): 495–502
- Issue online: 12 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 23 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 21 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 13 SEP 2012
- German Diabetes Association
- DDS Foundation
- IFB AdiposityDiseases. Grant Numbers: ADI-K50D, ADI-K60E, ADI-K7-39, ADI-K7-38
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research. Grant Number: FKZ: 01EO1001
- DFG. Grant Numbers: CRC 1052, DK072488
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- ADA. 2010. ADA: standards of medical care in diabetes-2010. Diabetes Care 33:S11–S61.
- 2007. A genomic background based method for association analysis in related individuals PLoS One 2:e1274. , , and .
- 2009. Adipose tissue expression and genetic variants of the bone morphogenetic protein receptor 1A gene (BMPR1A) are associated with human obesity. Diabetes 58:2119–2128. , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Association of single nucleotide polymorphisms in a glutamate receptor gene (GRM8) with theta power of event-related oscillations and alcohol dependence. Am. J. Med. Genet. B Neuropsychiatr. Genet. 150B:359–368. , , , , , , et al.
- 2006. Studies on the physiological functions of the melanocortin system. Endocr. Rev. 27:736–749.
- 2008, Bitter taste receptors influence glucose homeostasis. PLoS One 3:e3974. , , , , , , et al.
- 2010a. Variation in the gene TAS2R38 is associated with the eating behavior disinhibition in Old Order Amish women. Appetite 54:93–99. , , , , and .
- 2010b. T1R and T2R receptors: the modulation of incretin hormones and potential targets for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Curr. Opin. Investig. Drugs 11:447–454. , , , and .
- 2011. Genome-wide copy number variation study associates metabotropic glutamate receptor gene networks with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Nat. Genet. 44:78–84. , , , , , , et al.
- 2012. Reward circuit function in high BMI individuals with compulsive overeating: similarities with addiction. Neuroimage 63:1800–1806. , , and .
- 2010. The three-factor eating questionnaire and BMI in adolescents: results from the Quebec family study. Br. J. Nutr. 104:1074–1079 , , , , , and .
- 2011. Genetics of eating behavior: established and emerging concepts. Nutr. Rev. 69:52–60. , and .
- 2010. Transcriptional and pathway analysis in the hypothalamus of newly hatched chicks during fasting and delayed feeding. BMC. Genomics 11:162. , , , , , , et al.
- 2000. Diabetes in the Old Order Amish: characterization and heritability analysis of the Amish Family Diabetes Study. Diabetes Care 23:595–601. , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. Dopamine D2 receptors in addiction-like reward dysfunction and compulsive eating in obese rats. Nat. Neurosci. 13:635–641. , and .
- 2005. Neural systems recruited by drug- and food-related cues: studies of gene activation in corticolimbic regions. Physiol. Behav. 86:11–14. , , and .
- 2008. The association analysis of RELN and GRM8 genes with autistic spectrum disorder in Chinese Han population. Am. J. Med. Genet. B Neuropsychiatr. Genet. 147B:194–200. , , , , , , et al.
- 2012. Dietary factors affect food reward and motivation to eat. Obes. Facts 5:221–242. , , , , and .
- 1989. Fragebogen zum Eßverhalten (FEV) Handanweisung. Hogrefe, Göttingen. . and .
- 2007. Identification of novel candidate genes for type 2 diabetes from a genome-wide association scan in the Old Order Amish: evidence for replication from diabetes-related quantitative traits and from independent populations. Diabetes 56:3053–3062. , , , , , , et al.
- 2008. Uncovering genes for cognitive (dys)function and predisposition for alcoholism spectrum disorders: a review of human brain oscillations as effective endophenotypes. Brain Res. 1235:153–171. , and .
- 2000. The psychology and neurobiology of addiction: an incentive-sensitization view. Addiction 95(Suppl. 2):S91–S117. , and .
- 1993. The lateral hypothalamus: a primary site mediating excitatory amino acid-elicited eating. Brain Res. 630:41–49. , , , , and .
- 2002. Eating behavior in the Old Order Amish: heritability analysis and a genome-wide linkage analysis. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 75:1098–1106. , , , , , , et al.
- 1985. The three-factor eating questionnaire to measure dietary restraint, disinhibition and hunger. J. Psychosom. Res. 29:71–83. , and .
- 2004. Positive associations of polymorphisms in the metabotropic glutamate receptor type 8 gene (GRM8) with schizophrenia. Am. J. Med. Genet. B Neuropsychiatr. Genet. 128B:6–14. , , , , , and .
- 2010. Genome-wide association scan of trait depression. Biol. Psychiatry 68:811–817. , , , , , , et al.
- 2012. From disordered eating to addiction: the “food drug” in bulimia nervosa. J. Clin. Psychopharmacol. 32:376–389. , , , and .
- 2011. Genetic variation in the Sorbs of eastern Germany in the context of broader European genetic diversity. Eur. J. Hum. Genet. 19:995–1001. , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Genome-wide association study of smoking initiation and current smoking. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 84:367–379. , , , , , , et al.
- 2005. How can drug addiction help us understand obesity? Nat. Neurosci. 8:555–560. , and .
- 2008. Overlapping neuronal circuits in addiction and obesity: evidence of systems pathology. Philos. Trans. R. Soc. Lond. B Biol. Sci. 363:3191–3200. , , , and .
- 2011. Food and drug reward: overlapping circuits in human obesity and addiction. Curr. Top. Behav. Neurosci. 11:1–24. , , , , and .
- 2013. Obesity and addiction: neurobiological overlaps. Obes. Rev. 14:2–18. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-789X.2012.01031.x. , , , and .