Executive deficits detected in mild Alzheimer's disease using the antisaccade task
Article first published online: 7 DEC 2011
©2011 The Authors. Brain and Behavior published by Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
Brain and Behavior
Volume 2, Issue 1, pages 15–21, January 2012
How to Cite
Kaufman, L. D., Pratt, J., Levine, B. and Black, S. E. (2012), Executive deficits detected in mild Alzheimer's disease using the antisaccade task. Brain and Behavior, 2: 15–21. doi: 10.1002/brb3.28
- Issue published online: 30 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 7 DEC 2011
- Received: 03 July 2011; Revised: 23 October 2011; Accepted: 07 November 2011
- 2007. Focal cortical presentations of Alzheimer's disease. Brain 130:2636–2645. , , , , , , and .
- 2006. Medial versus lateral frontal lobe contributions to voluntary saccade control as revealed by the study of patients with frontal lobe degeneration. J. Neurosci. 26:6354–6363. , , , , , , and .
- 1991. Neuropathological staging of Alzheimer-related changes. Acta Neuropathol (Berl) 82:239–259. , and
- 1997. Spatial- and object-based attentional deficits in Alzheimer's disease. Relationship to HMPAO-SPECT measures of parietal perfusion. Brain 120:1229–1244. , , , , and .
- 1992. A power primer. Psychol. Bullet. 112:155–159.
- 1998. Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences. 2nd ed. Erlbaum, Hillsdale .
- 2000. A comparison of frontoparietal fMRI activation during anti-saccades and anti-pointing. J. Neurophysiol. 84:1645–1655. , , , , and .
- 2005. Inhibitory control of saccadic eye movements and cognitive impairment in Alzheimer's disease. Biol. Psychiatry 57:1052–1060. , , , , , , and .
- 1991. Validation of a clinical antisaccadic eye movement test in the assessment of dementia. Arch. Neurol. 48:644–648. , , , and .
- 2005. Structural neural correlates of prosaccade and antisaccade eye movements in healthy humans. Neuroimage 24:487–494. , , , , , , and .
- 2001. The disability assessment for dementia scale: a 12-month study of functional ability in mild to moderate severity Alzheimer disease. Alzheimer Dis. Assoc. Disord. 15:89–95. , , , , , , , and .
- 2000. Atypical and typical presentations of Alzheimer's disease: a clinical, neuropsychological, neuroimaging and pathological study of 13 cases. Brain 123:484–498. , , , and .
- 2008. Oculomotor function in frontotemporal lobar degeneration, related disorders and Alzheimer's disease. Brain 131:1268–1281. , , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 1978. Primary and secondary saccades to goals defined by instructions. Vision Res 18:1279–1296.
- 2010. Antisaccades: a probe into the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex in Alzheimer's disease. A Critical Review. J. Alzheimer's Dis. 19:781–793. , , , and .
- 1988. Dementia rating scale: professional manual. Psychological Assessment Resources, Odessa , FL .
- 2007. Early detection of Alzheimer's disease using neuroimaging. Exp. Gerontol. 42:129–38. , , , , , and .
- 2007. ß-amyloid imaging and memory in non-demented individuals: evidence for preclinical Alzheimer's disease. Brain 130:2837–2844. , , , , , , , , , and .
- 2003. Spectrum of saccade system function in Alzheimer disease. Arch. Neurol. 60:1272–1278. , , , and .
- 2007a. Frontotemporal lobar degeneration: clinical and pathological relationships. Acta Neuropathol. (Berl) 114:31–38. , , and .
- 2007b. Cognitive phenotypes in Alzheimer's disease and genetic risk. Cortex 43:835– 845. , , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 1947. The Generalization of “student's” problem when several different population variances are involved. Biometrika 34:28–35.