The author designed this experiment, ran the Anglo control subjects, interpreted the results, and wrote them up. Dr. Susan Ervin collected data from the Navajo subjects; Dr. Sol Saporta administered the experiment to the Mexican-Spanish subjects; Mr. Hiroshi Azuma obtained data from Japanese subjects and analysed them. Mr. Murray Miron handled the analysis of the data (except for the Japanese) on IBM and ILLIAC. Without the help of these people, for which I am very grateful, this paper could not have been written.
The cross-cultural generality of visual-verbal synesthetic tendencies
Article first published online: 17 JAN 2007
Copyright © 1960 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 5, Issue 2, pages 146–169, 1960
How to Cite
Osgood, C. E. (1960), The cross-cultural generality of visual-verbal synesthetic tendencies. Syst. Res., 5: 146–169. doi: 10.1002/bs.3830050204
- Issue published online: 17 JAN 2007
- Article first published online: 17 JAN 2007
- Manuscript Received: 9 MAY 1959
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!