New sustainable business models in China
Article first published online: 13 FEB 2007
Copyright © 2007 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. and ERP Environment
Business Strategy and the Environment
Volume 18, Issue 1, pages 64–77, January 2009
How to Cite
Birkin, F., Cashman, A., Koh, S. C. L. and Liu, Z. (2009), New sustainable business models in China. Bus. Strat. Env., 18: 64–77. doi: 10.1002/bse.568
- Issue published online: 16 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 13 FEB 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 18 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Received: 13 JUL 2006
- 2006. A Daoist renaissance. Resurgence January/February: 17–19. .
- 2005. The political bottom line: the emerging dimension to corporate responsibility for sustainable development. Business Strategy and the Environment 14: 372–383. , .
- 2000. The art of accounting for science. Critical Perspectives on Accounting 11(3): 289–309. .
- 2003. Ecological accounting: new tools for a sustainable culture. The International Journal of Sustainable Development and World Ecology 10: 49–61. .
- 2005a. New essentialism and the foundations of accounting realism. Sheffield Online Publications in Social Research 9. , , .
- 2005b. Accounting's contribution to a conscious cultural evolution. Critical Perspectives on Accounting 16(3): 185–208. , , .
- 2001. The STEPS Project Final Report for European Commission DGXII. Sheffield University Management School: Sheffield. , .
- 2004. Essential Guide to Qualitative Methods in Organizational Research. Sage Publications: London. , .
- 2004. China's compliance in global environmental affairs. Asia Pacific Viewpoint 45(1): 69–86. .
- 2005. Company learning about corporate social responsibility. Business Strategy and the Environment 14: 255–266. .
- 2002. Natural capitalists' indictment of traditional capitalism: a reappraisal. Business Strategy and the Environment 11: 203–220. .
- 2002. Beyond the business case for corporate sustainability. Business Strategy and the Environment 11: 130–141. , .
- 1998. Cannibals with Forks: the Triple Bottom Line of 21st Century Business. Capstone: London. .
- 2005. Sustainable Business: the Need for New Business Models in a Changing World. Alcan: Montreal. .
- Global Reporting Initiative (GRI). 2006. The Global Reporting Initiative. Global Reporting Secretariat: Amsterdam. http://www.globalreporting.org/# [5 April 2006].
- 1992. The Way: an Ecological World View. Random Century: London. .
- 1972. A blue print for survival. The Ecologist 2: 2–35. , et al.
- 2004. State of the World 2004. Earthscan: London. , (eds).
- International Standards Organisation (ISO). 2006. ISO9000 and ISO14000. ISO: Geneva. http://www.iso.org/iso/en/ISOOnline.frontpage [5 April 2006].
- 1998. Yuan Dao: Tracing Dao to its Source. Ballantine: New York. , .
- 2006. Institutional reform, economic changes, and local environmental management in China: the case of Guangdong Province. Environmental Politics 15(2): 190–210. , .
- 1972. The Limits to Growth. Pan: London. , et al.
- 2003. Quantitative Approaches in Business Studies, 6th edn. FT Prentice-Hall: London. .
- Natural Step. 2003. The Natural Step International Gateway. Det Naturliga Steget: Stockholm. http://www.naturalstep.org/com/Start/ [6 April 2006].
- 2006. State of the World 2006: the Challenge of Global Sustainability. Earthscan: London. (ed.).
- 2004. Policy implications of industrial ecology conceptions. Business Strategy and the Environment 13: 320–333. .
- 1929. Culture, Language and Personality. University of California Press: Berkeley, CA. .
- 2006. Corporate sustainability accounting: a nightmare or a dream coming true? Business Strategy and the Environment 15: 293–295. , .
- 2006. China's environmental governance of rapid industrialisation. Environmental Politics 15(2): 271–292. , .
- 1998. Qualitative Methods and Analysis in Organizational Research: a Practical Guide. Sage: London. , (eds).
- 1998. Mixed Methodology: Combining Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches. Sage: London. , .
- United Nations (UN). 1999. The UN Global Compact. UN: New York. http://www.un.org/Depts/ptd/global.htm [6 April 2006].
- 1956. Language, Thought and Reality. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press. .
- World Commission on Environment and Development (WCED). 1987. Our Common Future. World Commission on Environment and Development. Oxford University Press: Oxford.
- Xinhuanet. 2005. China targets pollution for sustainable growth. China View: Beijing.