This research was supported by a grant to the second author from the British Columbia Health Research Foundation. The first author would also like to acknowledge the support of the American Psychology–Law Society, the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada and the Michael Smith Foundation for Healthcare Research. Portions of these data have previously been presented at the 1997 meetings of the Canadian Psychological Association and the American Psychological Association. We wish to recognize the contributions of Isabel Grant, Lindsey Jack, Grant Burt, and Darren Nicholls. Thank you to two anonymous reviewers and Drs. Ed Hilterman and Chris Webster for their many excellent suggestions for improving the manuscript. Finally, we owe a huge debt of gratitude to the clinical records staff at Riverview Hospital.
Assessing risk for violence among male and female civil psychiatric patients: the HCR-20, PCL:SV, and VSC†
Version of Record online: 6 FEB 2004
Copyright © 2004 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Behavioral Sciences & the Law
Special Issue: Juvenile Psychopathy Vol. 2
Volume 22, Issue 1, pages 127–158, January/February 2004
How to Cite
Nicholls, T. L., Ogloff, J. R. P. and Douglas, K. S. (2004), Assessing risk for violence among male and female civil psychiatric patients: the HCR-20, PCL:SV, and VSC. Behav. Sci. Law, 22: 127–158. doi: 10.1002/bsl.579
- Issue online: 6 FEB 2004
- Version of Record online: 6 FEB 2004
- British Columbia Health Research Foundation
- American Psychology–Law Society
- Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!