Cell Culture and Tissue Engineering
Very high density of CHO cells in perfusion by ATF or TFF in WAVE bioreactor™. Part I. Effect of the cell density on the process
Article first published online: 21 MAY 2013
© 2013 American Institute of Chemical Engineers
Volume 29, Issue 3, pages 754–767, May/June 2013
How to Cite
Clincke, M.-F., Mölleryd, C., Zhang, Y., Lindskog, E., Walsh, K. and Chotteau, V. (2013), Very high density of CHO cells in perfusion by ATF or TFF in WAVE bioreactor™. Part I. Effect of the cell density on the process. Biotechnol Progress, 29: 754–767. doi: 10.1002/btpr.1704
- Issue published online: 13 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 21 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 FEB 2013 01:01AM EST
- Manuscript Revised: 11 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 20 AUG 2012
- GE Healthcare
- 2Performance of small-scale CHO perfusion cultures using an acoustic cell filtration device for cell retention: characterization of separation efficiency and impact of perfusion on product quality. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2000;69:440–449., , , , , .
- 6Development of a large scale process for the production of recombinant truncated factor VIII in CHO cells under cell growth arrest conditions. In: Lindner-Olsson E, Chatzissavidou N, Lüllau E, editors. Animal Cell Technology: From Target to Market. Proceedings of the 17th ESACT Meeting, Tylösand, Sweden, June 10–14, 2001. Dordrecht: Kluver Academic Publisher; 2001:287–292., , , , , , , , , , , .
- 8Optimization of high cell density perfusion bioreactors. In: Ozturk SS, Hu W-S, editors. Cell Culture Technology for Pharmaceutical and Cell-Based Therapies. New York: Taylor & Francis; 2005:387–416., .
- 12Study of perfusion process of CHO cells with CellTank 2202 prototype, bench-top Single-Use-Bioreactors (SUB) with 150 cm3 CellCore matrix. In: 22nd ESACT-UK Meeting, Loughborough, UK, January 11–12, 2012., , , .
- 18Study of a recombinant CHO cell line producing a monoclonal antibody by ATF or TFF external filter perfusion in a WAVE Bioreactor. BMC Proc. 2011;5 (Suppl. 8):P105., , , , , .
- 19Scale-up of a cell culture perfusion process—a low-shear filtration system that inhibits filter-membrane fouling. Genet Eng News. 2002;22:62–62..
- 22Process economy of disposable manufacturing: process models to minimize upfront investment. Am Pharm Rev. 2007;10:114–121., .
- 24Very high density of CHO cells in perfusion by ATF or TFF in WAVE Bioreactor™—Part II. Applications for Antibody Production and Cryopreservation. Biotechnol Prog., in press., , , , , , .
- 26Study of a perfusion process of Chinese Hamster Ovary cells by ATF filtration in bioreactor. In: 21st ESACT Meeting, Dublin, Ireland, June 7–10, 2009., , .
- 32Increasing efficiency in protein and cell production by combining single-use bioreactor technology and perfusion. BioPharm Int Suppl. 2011;24:4–11., , , , .