This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Bioseparations and Downstream Processing
Process cost and facility considerations in the selection of primary cell culture clarification technology
Article first published online: 11 JUL 2013
© 2013 American Institute of Chemical Engineers
Volume 29, Issue 5, pages 1239–1245, September/October 2013
How to Cite
Felo, M., Christensen, B. and Higgins, J. (2013), Process cost and facility considerations in the selection of primary cell culture clarification technology. Biotechnol Progress, 29: 1239–1245. doi: 10.1002/btpr.1776
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 11 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 21 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 7 FEB 2013
- 4CHOP Removal by Depth Filtration Post-Protein A Capture. Paper Presented at: 239th American Chemical Society National Meeting. San Francisco, California; March 2010., , .
- 8Industrialization of mAb production technology: the bioprocessing industry at a crossroads. mAbs. 2009;1:443-452..
- 9Recombinant protein production yields from mammalian cells: past, present, and future. Biopharm Int Suppl. 2008;21:s6-s15., , .
- 17Modeling bioprocess cost: process economic benefits of expression technology based on Pseudomonas fluorescens. BioProcess Int. 2010;8:62-70., , , , .
- 18Development of a Robust Clarification Process for High Density Mammalian Cell Culture Processes. Paper Presented at: Recovery of Biological Products XIV. Lake Tahoe, California; August 2010., , , .
- 19Method of Isolating Biomacromolecules Using Low pH and Divalent Cations. World Patent 2008127305 A3; 2008., , , , inventors; Biogen Idec Inc., assignee.
- 21Protein Flocculation Using Salts. World Patent 2007035283 A1; 2007., , , inventors; Wyeth, assignee.
- 22Purification strategies to process 5 g/L titers of monoclonal antibodies. BioPharm Int Suppl. 2009;22:s8-s15., , , , , , , .