Songsong Liu and Ana S. Simaria are joint first authors.
Bioseparations and Downstream Processing
Designing cost-effective biopharmaceutical facilities using mixed-integer optimization
Article first published online: 3 OCT 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. on behalf of American Institute of Chemical Engineers
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Volume 29, Issue 6, pages 1472–1483, November/December 2013
How to Cite
Liu, S., Simaria, A. S., Farid, S. S. and Papageorgiou, L. G. (2013), Designing cost-effective biopharmaceutical facilities using mixed-integer optimization. Biotechnol Progress, 29: 1472–1483. doi: 10.1002/btpr.1795
- Issue published online: 10 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 3 OCT 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 16 AUG 2013 03:51PM EST
- Manuscript Revised: 13 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 28 MAY 2013
- 2Downstream factors that will continue to constrain manufacturing through 2013. BioProcessing J. 2009;8:22–26..
- 3Antibody purification: drivers of change. In: Gottschalk U, editor. Process Scale Purification of Antibodies. New Jersey: Wiley; 2009:407–426., , .
- 4Process economic drivers in industrial monoclonal antibody manufacture. In: Gottschalk U, editor. Process Scale Purification of Antibodies. New Jersey: Wiley; 2009:239–261..
- 6Industrialization of mAb production technology: the bioprocessing industry at a crossroads. mAbs. 2009;1:443–452..
- 7Decision-support tool for assessing biomanufacturing strategies under uncertainty: stainless steel versus disposable equipment for clinical trial material preparation. Biotechnol Prog. 2005;21:486–497., , .
- 11The integrated simulation and assessment of the impacts of process change in biotherapeutic antibody production. Biotechnol Prog. 2006;23:1612–1620., , , , , .
- 27Efficient discovery of chromatography equipment sizing strategies for antibody purification processes using evolutionary computing. Parallel Problem Solving Nature PPSN XII. 2012;7492:468–477., , .
- 29GAMS—A User's Guide. Washington, D.C.: GAMS Development Corporation; 2012., , , .