Masaru Shiratori, Joseph Wood, and Ekta Mahajan contributed equally to this work.
Cell Culture and Tissue Engineering
Strategy for selecting disposable bags for cell culture media applications based on a root-cause investigation
Article first published online: 30 SEP 2013
© 2013 American Institute of Chemical Engineers
Volume 29, Issue 6, pages 1535–1549, November/December 2013
How to Cite
Wood, J., Mahajan, E. and Shiratori, M. (2013), Strategy for selecting disposable bags for cell culture media applications based on a root-cause investigation. Biotechnol Progress, 29: 1535–1549. doi: 10.1002/btpr.1802
- Issue published online: 10 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 30 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 AUG 2013 06:07PM EST
- Manuscript Revised: 2 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 20 MAY 2013
- 1Upstream single-use bioprocessing systems. BioProcess Int. 2012;10:12–18., .
- 2The Irradiation and Sterilization Subcommittee of the Bio-Process Systems Alliance. Guide to irradiation and sterilization validation of single-use bioprocess systems. BioProcess Int. 2008:10-22.
- 10Standardization of single use components' extractable studies for industry. Pharm Eng. 2012;32:54–56., , .
- 14Method 525.2, Determination Of Organic Compounds In Drinking Water By Liquid-Solid Extraction And Capillary Column Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry, Revision 2.0,″ U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, OH: Cincinnati; 1995., , , , .
- 15Method 524.2, Measurement of Purgeable Organic Compounds in Water by Capillary Column Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, OH: Cincinnati; 1992., , , , , .
- 16Recent experiences with single-use containers used for media storage, media handling and cell culture. In: BioProcess International Conference & Exhibition. CA: Long Beach; 2011..
- 17Take II—More Findings and Updates on Our Experiences with Disposable Bags for Cell Culture Media Storage, in IBC's 9th International Single-Use Applications for Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing. CA: San Francisco; 2012..
- 18A Generic Growth Test Method for Improving Quality Control of Disposables in Industrial Cell Culture. BioPharm Int. 2013;23:34–41., , , .