Bioseparations and Downstream Processing
A novel approach to achieving modular retrovirus clearance for a parvovirus filter
Article first published online: 24 OCT 2013
© 2013 American Institute of Chemical Engineers
Volume 30, Issue 1, pages 79–85, January/February 2014
How to Cite
Stuckey, J., Strauss, D., Venkiteshwaran, A., Gao, J., Luo, W., Quertinmont, M., O'Donnell, S. and Chen, D. (2014), A novel approach to achieving modular retrovirus clearance for a parvovirus filter. Biotechnol Progress, 30: 79–85. doi: 10.1002/btpr.1820
- Issue published online: 7 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 24 OCT 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 7 OCT 2013 01:38PM EST
- Manuscript Revised: 27 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 3 SEP 2013
- 1Guideline on virus safety evaluation of biotechnological investigational medicinal products. London, UK: European Medicines Agency. 2008; Doc. Ref. EMEA/CHMP/BWP/398498/2005.
- 2Points to consider in the manufacture and testing of monoclonal antibody products for human use. Rockville, Maryland: Food and Drug Administration. 1997.
- 3Guidance on Viral Safety Evaluation of Biotechnology Products Derived From Cell Lines of Human or Animal Origin, Q5A. Geneva, Switzerland: International Conference on Harmonization of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use. 1998.
- 4Experience with viral contamination in cell culture, Dev Biol Stand. 2006;88:49–56..
- 5A biotech production facility contamination case study—minute mouse virus, PDA J Pharm Sci Technol. 2011;65:599–611..
- 6Mouse minute virus (MMV) contamination—A case study: Detection, root cause determination, and corrective actions, PDA J Pharm Sci Technol. 2011;65:580–588., , , .
- 9Predicting virus filtration performance with virus spike characterization, Bioprocess Int. 2011;9:26–37., , , , , , , .
- 18Meeting Report—Workshop on virus removal by filtration: Trends and new developments, PDA J Pharm Sci Technol. 2013;67:98–104., , , , , , , , , .