The Art of Scanning the Environment
Version of Record online: 31 JAN 2005
Copyright © 1999 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Bulletin of the American Society for Information Science and Technology
Volume 25, Issue 3, pages 21–24, February/March 1999
How to Cite
Choo, C. W. (1999), The Art of Scanning the Environment. Bul. Am. Soc. Info. Sci. Tech., 25: 21–24. doi: 10.1002/bult.117
- Issue online: 31 JAN 2005
- Version of Record online: 31 JAN 2005
- 1993. Environmental scanning by CEOs in two Canadian industries. Journal of the American Society for Information Science 44, no. 4: 194–203. , and .
- 1998a. Information management for the intelligent organization: The art of scanning the environment. Second ed. Medford, NJ: Information Today, Inc. (http://choo.fis.utoronto.ca/fis/imio) .
- 1998b. The knowing organization: How organizations use information to construct meaning, create knowledge, and make decisions. New York: Oxford University Press. (http://choo.fis.utoronto.ca/fis/ko) .
- 1993. Scanning the business environment: Acquisition and use of information by managers. In Annual Review of Information Science and Technology, vol. 28. Medford, NJ: Learned Information, Inc., for the American Society for Information Science. , and . Ed. Williams, Martha E.
- 1998. A behavioral model of information seeking on the web: Preliminary results of a study of how managers and IT specialists use the Web. In Proceedings of the 61st ASIS Annual Meeting held in Pittsburgh, PA, Information Today Inc. , , and .
- 1998. Learning from the future: Competitive foresight scenarios. New York: John Wiley & Sons. , and .
- 1995. The new competitor intelligence: The complete resource for finding, analyzing, and using information about your competitors. New York: John Wiley & Sons. ,
- 1988. The business intelligence system: A new tool for competitive advantage. New York, NY: Amacom. , and .
- 1992. Business intelligence in Japan and Sweden: Lessons for the US. Journal of Business Strategy13, no. 2: 44–49. ,
- 1996. Competitive intelligence: From black ops to boardrooms – how businesses gather, analyze, and use information to succeed in the global marketplace. New York, NY: Simon & Schuster. .
- Sigurdson, Jon and Tagerud, Yael, 1992. Intelligence, trade and industry. In The intelligent corporation: The privatization of intelligence, 39–51. London, UK: Taylor Graham. . Ed.
- 1988. Competitive intelligence. New York: The Conference Board, Inc. .