Information Encountering: It's More Than Just Bumping into Information
Article first published online: 31 JAN 2005
Copyright © 1999 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Bulletin of the American Society for Information Science and Technology
Volume 25, Issue 3, pages 26–29, February/March 1999
How to Cite
Erdelez, S. (1999), Information Encountering: It's More Than Just Bumping into Information. Bul. Am. Soc. Info. Sci. Tech., 25: 26–29. doi: 10.1002/bult.118
- Issue published online: 31 JAN 2005
- Article first published online: 31 JAN 2005
- Information encountering: An exploration beyond information seeking. Unpublished dissertation, Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York. (1995) .
- 1997). Information encountering: A conceptual framework for accidental information discovery. In Information seeking in context. Proceedings of an international conference on research in information needs, seeking, and use in different contexts, Tampere, Finland 1996 (Eds.), Vakkari, P., Savolainen, R. & Dervin, B.. (pp. 412–421). Los Angeles, CA: Taylor Graham. . (
- Information seeking among members of an academic community. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Columbia University, New York. (1992) .
- Older adults: Information, communication and telecommunications. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia. (1995) .
- Discovered by chance: The role of incidental information acquisition in an ecological model of information use. Library & Information Science Research, 20 (1), 23–40. (1998) .
- Information-seeking patterns and behavior of selected undergraduate students in a Chinese university. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Columbia University, New York. (1992) .