Special Section: What, Why And Where?
New opportunities for repositories in the age of altmetrics
Version of Record online: 15 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Society for Information Science and Technology
Bulletin of the American Society for Information Science and Technology
Volume 39, Issue 4, pages 22–26, April/May 2013
How to Cite
Konkiel, S. and Scherer, D. (2013), New opportunities for repositories in the age of altmetrics. Bul. Am. Soc. Info. Sci. Tech., 39: 22–26. doi: 10.1002/bult.2013.1720390408
- Issue online: 15 APR 2013
- Version of Record online: 15 APR 2013
Resources Mentioned in the Article
- 1Counting Online Usage of Networked Electronic Resources (COUNTER). (April 2012). The COUNTER Code of Practice for e-Resources: Release 4. Retrieved February 27, 2013 from www.projectcounter.org/r4/COPR4.pdf.
- 22006). Download statistics – What do they tell us? The example of Research Online, the open access institutional repository at the University of Wollongong, Australia. D-Lib Magazine, 121(11). Retrieved February 27, 2013, from www.dlib.org/dlib/november06/organ/11organ.html.(
- 3Digital Commons. (December 11, 2012). Purdue Libraries creates buzz at the Indiana State Fair [blog post]. DC Telegraph. Retrieved February 27, 2013, from http://blog.digitalcommons.bepress.com/2012/12/11/purdue-libraries-create-buzz-at-the-indiana-state-fair/.
- 52010). Research assessment and a diverse role for repositories [slides]. Talk presented at the 5th International Conference on Open Repositories, Madrid, Spain, July 6–9, 2010 (OR2010). Retrieved February 27, 2013, from http://eprints.soton.ac.uk/270842/7/or2010Diverse.pdf., , & (April 16,
- 62011). Applying social bookmarking data to evaluate journal usage. Journal of Informetrics, 5(3), 457–446., & (
- 72012). Harnessing user library statistics for research evaluation and knowledge domain visualization. Proceedings of the 21st International Conference Companion on World Wide Web – WWW '12 Companion (pp. 1017–1024). New York: ACM Press., , , & (
- 112011). UCount: A community-driven approach for measuring scientific reputation. [Version 0]. Abstract accepted for presentation at altmetrics11, Koblenz, Germany, June 14–15, 2011. Retrieved from http://altmetrics.org/workshop2011/parra-v0/., , , , , & (June 15,