Role of female pelvic anatomy in infertility
Article first published online: 30 NOV 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Special Issue: Special Issue on the Female Patient
Volume 26, Issue 1, pages 89–96, January 2013
How to Cite
Harris-Glocker, M. and McLaren, J. F. (2013), Role of female pelvic anatomy in infertility. Clin. Anat., 26: 89–96. doi: 10.1002/ca.22188
- Issue published online: 12 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 30 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 26 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 21 SEP 2012
- 1988.Sexually transmissible diseases and female sterility.Rev Fr Gynecol Ostet 83:257–258, 261–263. , , .
- 2012. Epidemiology and pathogenesis of the polycystic ovary syndrome in adults. www.uptodateonline.com. .
- 1995.In vitro fertilization versus tubal surgery: Is pelvic reconstructive surgery obsolete?Fertil Steril 64:1051–1061. , , , .
- 2009. Ovarian aging: mechanisms and clinical consequences. Endocr Rev 30:465–493. , , .
- 2011.Treatment of congenital malformations.Semin Reprod Med 29:?101–112. , , , , .
- 2000.Endometriosis-associated infertility.Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 12:377–381. , .
- 2006.Diagnosis, phenotype, and prevalence of polycystic ovary syndrome.Fertil Steril 86:S7–S8. , .
- 1998.Effect of intramural, subserosal, and submucosal uterine fibroids on the outcome of assisted reproductive technology treatment.Fertil Steril 70:687–691. , , , , , .
- 1995. A mathematical model of follicle dynamics in the human ovary. Hum Reprod 10:770–775. , .
- 2007. Infertility. Precis: an update in Obstetrics & Gynecology 141–172. , , , .
- 1995.Polycystic ovary syndrome.N Engl J Med 333:?853–861. .
- 1987.Altered maturation and function of peritoneal macrophages: Possible role in pathogenesis of endometriosis.Am J Obstet Gynecol 156:783–789. , , .
- 1981.Peritoneal fluid cell populations in infertility patients.Fertil Steril 35:696–698. , , .
- 2010.Improvement in quality-of-life questionnaire measures in obese adolescent females with polycystic ovary syndrome treated with lifestyle changes and oral contraceptive, with or without metformin.Fertil Steril 93:1016–1019. , , , , .
- 1989.Effects of previous ovarian surgery on the follicular response to ovulation induction in an in vitro fertilization program.J Reprod Med 34:277–281. , , .
- 2012. Causes of Female Infertility. www.uptodateonline.com. , .
- 1997.Laparoscopic surgery in infertile women with minimal or mild endometriosis. Canadian Collaborative Group on Endometriosis.N Engl J Med 337:?217–222. , , .
- 2011.The surgical treatment of fibroids for infertility.Semin Reprod Med 29:113–123. .
- 1998.Impact of varying stages of endometriosis on the outcome of in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer.J Assist Reprod Genet 15:?27–31. , , , , , .
- 1999.Ablation of lesions or no treatment in minimal-mild endometriosis in infertile women: A randomized trial. Gruppo Italiano per lo Studio dell'Endometriosi.Hum Reprod 14:1332–1334. .
- 1996.Is there ever a role for tubal surgery?Am J Obstet Gynecol 174:1218–1223. , .
- Practice Committee of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine.2012a.Committee opinion: Role of tubal surgery in the era of assisted reproductive technology.Fertil Steril 97:?539–545.
- Practice Committee of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine.2012b.Endometriosis and infertility: A committee opinion.Fertil Steril 98:591–598.
- 2011.Leiomyoma simultaneously impair endometrial BMP-2-mediated decidualization and anticoagulant expression through secretion of TGF-β3.J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:412–421. , , .
- 2006.Declining estimates of infertility in the United States: 1982–2002.Fertil Steril 86:516–523. , .
- 2000.Moderate and severe endometriosis is associated with alterations in the cell cycle of granulosa cells in patients undergoing in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer.Fertil Steril 73:344–350. , , , , , .
- 2007.Diagnosis of polycystic ovary syndrome.Clin Obstet Gynecol 50:168–177. , .
- 1995.Tubal cannulation.Obstet Gynecol Clin N Am 22:519–540. .
- 1980.Incidence, prevalence, and trends of acute pelvic inflammatory disease and its consequences in industrialized countries.Am J Obstet Gynecol 138:880–892. .
- WHO Technical report series. 1992. Recent Advances in Medically assisted Conception. 820:1–111.
- 1980.The polycystic ovary syndrome.Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 12:177–208. .